Recognizing hex '0C' with Pro

  • Dick Gascoigne
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2002
      I have a file generated by an application program which is normally printed.
      Each page is terminated with a hex '0C', which printers recognize as a FF
      (Form Feed) and eject the page.

      When I load the file in NTP, all those FF characters show up as boxes. I
      want to be able to search on those FF characters to determine where the
      printed page would end. But I cannot figure out how to specify that
      character in the ^!Find command. (Nor in any other command, actually.) Any
      enlightenment?

      Best Regards,

      Dick Gascoigne
      --
      Appic (S) Pte Ltd
      74A Amoy Street; Singapore 069893
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2002
        Thanks for the ^B suggestion. Yes, copying & pasting the 'box' (hex value)
        into the Search/Replace menu dialog boxs works OK, but pasting it into the
        search string field of the clip command does not work. Nor does IntToHex.

        My thanks to Ruben Biezeman for suggesting using a regex in the Replace
        command, with a \f to represent the Form Feed hex'0C'. Now I can easily
        find each End of Page, and with a simple loop and subtraction determine the
        number of lines in each page.

        Dick