[Clip] Re: new name loop

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 1999
      Hi Ray and tf,

      >> I want to make a loop which acts upon a big file, then saves
      >> as a new html doc.. what's the clip that saves like,
      >> doc1,doc2,doc3, on each pass? I tried setnameformat, but
      >> almost messed up...

      Here are some tips that may interest you for Ray's clip and what you
      what wanting to do.

      If you use square brackets you will only be asked once about the name and incremental number. You can search for a <H2>header</H2> or the like to get the name for each section of the large file. You will also need to find the start and end point of each section using Find, ^$GetRow$, ^$GetCol$, SelectTo, ^$GetSelection$, etc. You might want to take out the Continue as well so it will do the whole doc in one run with no prompts are the initial setup.

      >H="New name loop"
      >^!Open BigFile.htm
      >^!Set %DocName%=^?{Enter new docs' name=_^$GetValue("DocNameList")$};
      >%DocNr%=^?{Last # saved was '^$GetValue("DocNr")$'. Enter starting
      >#=^$Calc(^$GetValue("DocNr")$+1)$}
      >^!Continue Do Another?

      Happy NoteTabbin',
      Jody Adair