Re: [Clip] Re: [NTB] Holding cursor position between NoteTab Outline "pages"

  • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2002
      I wrote:

      >H="Remember cursor position between outline topics"
      >; ## By Wayne VanWeerthuizen, 2002 Mar 20
      >; ## waynevanw@...
      >; ##

      I also forgot to point out that this clip will fail if two sections
      of the same outline have the exact same topic heading. It may also
      get confused if the outline document is renamed or a topic heading
      is edited. Such problems are difficult for a clip like this to avoid.

      This is because the clip identifies topics only by document name and
      topic heading. The alternative is for the clip to refer to topics by
      their index number. This solves two of the above problems, but
      causes a worse problem, because the clip may be confused if topics
      are added or deleted from the outline. The approach I used,
      referring to topics only by name, seems to be the better of the two
      choices, as it allows topics to be added or removed with no problem.

      On another note, the StatusClose line near the end of the clip
      is left over from when I was debugging it. That line should now
      be taken out. (You may have noticed that the clip nowhere has
      any StatusShow command, so the StatusClose serves no purpose.)