Re: [Clip] Strip Lines from Log (EQ)

  • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2002
      On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:32:15 -0000, Sheri wrote:

      >--- In ntb-clips@y..., Wayne VanWeerthuizen <waynevanw@a...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Download and install ActivePerl from www.activestate.com. Use all
      >> of ActivePerl's default install options, (unless you really know
      >> what you are doing.)
      >
      >I decided to check this out, don't know the first thing about
      >Perl ... anyway, I installed it under Win98SE. During the install
      >Norton Antivirus informed me that a malicious script was running
      >(MSIEXEC.EXE) and gave me opportunity to halt it. I allowed it to
      >complete, hope I won't regret it lol.

      No need to worry.

      MSIEXEC is Microsoft's installation program.
      It is also available to other companies, such as Activestate,
      to use as an installer for their programs.

      Besides *.exe files, which have the installer built in, you may
      also find *.msi files on some sites. MSI files are installation
      packages that require the Microsoft Installer to already be
      on your system.