RE: [Clip] Saving defaults in a valuelist

  • Martyn Folkes
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2002
      Hi Dick,

      This might do what you need (beware the long line!):

      ^!SetListDelimiter |
      ^!SetArray %temp%=1|3|5
      ^!Set %count%=0; %list%=1|2|3|4|5
      :Loop
      ^!Inc %count%
      ^!Set
      %list%=^$StrReplace("^%temp^%count%%";"_^%temp^%count%%";"^%list%";N;N)$
      ^!IfDiff ^%count% ^%temp0% Loop
      ^!Set %checkboxes%=^?{(T=A;H=10)Choose==^%list%}

      Martyn

    • ...Tyrell...
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2002
        Hi Dick

        Well, I did do something with storing and re-using list selection
        settings, but ... uhmm, I can't find the right clip file :-(

        The basic idea I used, was to store the selection list settings
        inside a array variable, in a binary form, like [0|1|0|1]

        The biggest problem is how to obtain/created that selection
        array. Restoring or applying those stored selection setting,
        One's you have them, is not that difficult.

        Here is one way to obtain and creating that selection array. make
        a copy of the current list array and append to all the array
        entry's the string [^=xx], where xx is the number of the current
        array entry. Now the wizzard will give back the numbers of the
        array entry's that where selected by the user [11|22|33], this
        makes it relative easy to create your selection array.

        To apply the selection list to the listvalue array, do the same
        as for the [^=xx], but now add a [_] in front of the array(copy)
        entry. ( it is possible to do both [_] + [^=xx] at the same time)

        note: if there is a chance that your list values might start with
        a [_] you might want to add a extra leading space in front of the
        values.

        Cheers
        ...Tyrell...

        >I have a curly wizard with checkboxes. Of course the checkboxes are formed
        >from a ListValues parameter, which is actually an Array Variable. Then I put
        >the items which were checked in another Array variable and save it an .ini
        >file. So far, no problem.
        >
        >The next time the clip is run, I want to use those previously checked and
        >saved values as defaults in the ListValues variable for the wizard. That
        >way, the boxes will be "pre-checked" just as they had been checked the last
        >time. Note: the original ListValues has be the same items each time, just
        >with some set as defaults.
        >
        >But I don't see an easy way to take my standard ListValues array variable,
        >and put an underscore in front of the items which appear in the saved array
        >variable.
        >
        >Example:
        >The standard ListValues array variable contains 1|2|3|4|5 -- so the wizard
        >will show 5 checkboxes.
        >If the user checks 1, 3 and 5, then the Set variable will contain 1|3|5.
        >That gets put into another SetArray variable, and saved in the .ini.
        >
        >The next time the clip is run, I want to pick up the 1|3|5 from the .ini,
        >and change the ListValues array variable to _1|2|_3|4|_5. Then the wizard
        >would check those three boxes. But what's the best way to get those
        >underscores inserted in the list?
        >
        >Has anyone already done something like that?
        >
        >Dick Gascoigne

      • Dick Gascoigne
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2002
          Thanks to all who responded. I actually did something similar to Martyn's suggestion just before I got it. Used a Set instead of StrReplace.

          It all came together nicely. Now we can take one huge print file with 1,000's of documents in it, and split it up to be sent to multiple printers simultaneously. With the capability to specify which printers are to be used via the checkboxes.

          Neat stuff. Not bad for a "text editor", Eric ;-)))

          Best Regards,

          Dick Gascoigne
          --
          Appic (S) Pte Ltd