Re: [Clip] Mysterious clip failure

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2002
      Hi,

      Pro 486C the clip works fine.

      then I installed Pro 486d and the clip also works fine.
      ----

      For each test I ran the clip on each of the sample lines
      and I not much text in the doc but had only the 5 sample lines
      ----

      (FWIW) I don't care to watch the screen updating/refreshing. So I might
      experiment with setscreenupdate off
      ----

      sometimes need use ^!Delay command at critical point(s) within clip whereby
      some computers need it so more than others probably has to do with
      speed. I find that Ntab goes so fast that I (infrequently) need say whoa
      there pony, slow down just slightly don't get something, a line/task done
      too soon and ahead of something else but do stay in the order that I want.
      ----

      Did he upgrade or did he do fresh install? I wondering if any old, left
      over from an older version, the ini settings has any affect. I don't know
      if it can affect or not.

      Regards. Alan.

      At 03:15 PM 3/4/2002 +0000, you wrote:
      >Could someone test this clip on 4.86d and see if it performs as
      >expected? I wrote this clip and it works fine for me on 4.86c Trial
      >Pro and Light, but someone who recently upgraded 4.51 Pro to 4.86d
      >says it isn't working for him. Since he doesn't work much with clips
      >I was hoping one of you could establish whether 4.86d has anything to
      >do with it.
    • hpaulissen
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2002
        > Could someone test this clip on 4.86d and see if it performs as
        > expected? I wrote this clip and it works fine for me on 4.86c
        Trial
        > Pro and Light, but someone who recently upgraded 4.51 Pro to 4.86d
        > says it isn't working for him.

        Works here, (W98SE, NoteTab 4.86d)

        Hugo
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2002
          Hi Sheri,

          It ran as expected for me in v4.86d Pro (pre-release) in XP Pro.