Re: [Clip] Mysterious clip failure

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2002
      On 3/4/02 9:15 AM, silvermoonwoman2001 wrote:

      >Could someone test this clip on 4.86d and see if it performs as
      >expected? I wrote this clip and it works fine for me on 4.86c Trial
      >Pro and Light, but someone who recently upgraded 4.51 Pro to 4.86d
      >says it isn't working for him. Since he doesn't work much with clips
      >I was hoping one of you could establish whether 4.86d has anything to
      >do with it.
      >
      >H=Reverse IngredPrep
      >^!Select Line
      >^!Toolbar Left Align
      >^!Keyboard ALT+M L T
      >^!Keyboard ALT+M S S
      >^!Find "\s[a-z]+$" IHRS
      >^!Set %LastWord%=^$StrTrim("^$GetSelection$")$
      >^!Select Line
      >^!Replace "^{[0-9\s\/]+[a-z]+\s}{.*}{\s.*}$" >> "\1^%LastWord%\,\s\2"
      >AIHRS
      >^!Jump SELECT_END
      >
      >Test Data (run the clip on each line):
      >1 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
      >1 1/2 cup chopped onions
      >1 1/2 cup finely chopped and picked over onions
      >1 cup rinsed and chopped onions
      >1 1/2 cup rinsed, chopped onions
      >
      >Expected Result:
      >1 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
      >1 1/2 cup onions, chopped
      >1 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped and picked over
      >1 cup onions, rinsed and chopped
      >1 1/2 cup onions, rinsed, chopped
      >
      >Thanks,
      >Sheri

      Sheri,

      This is the actual output of the clip pasted into this email. Using
      NTP486d prerelease #1, registered.

      hrs

      1 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
      1 1/2 cup onions, chopped
      1 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped and picked over
      1 cup onions, rinsed and chopped
      1 1/2 cup onions, rinsed, chopped
    • silvermoonwoman2001
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2002
        --- In ntb-clips@y..., "Peter G Henry" <lungtroll@n...> wrote:
        > Hi Sheri
        > run the clip on win XP with 4.86d and the results matched the
        expected
        > result.
        > OK here
        > regards peter

        Thanks Peter. Its strange, but Walt says after uninstalling 4.86d
        and putting on 4.86c it works properly for him. Tyrell wrote me
        privately yesterday and suggested Walt might have needed keyboard
        delays (and suggested some changes to the clip to avoid keyboard
        commands altogether), but it seems strange that it works for Walt on
        4.86c and not d. He says his "About" screen on 4.86d had 4.86/np
        Full Version. Walt also said he posted to this group and his message
        never appeared. I checked the list of changes for 4.86d and one
        mentioned was changes to the RegEx engine.