Re: [Clip] Re: Opening large files with a clip

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
      Hi Mike,

      >^!FocusDoc
      >:SameDoc
      >^!Clip "my_storage_doc_holds_large_long_text"
      >
      >Now it pops open immediately. I'll just write a little
      >clip wizard over the top of it so I can select the file
      >I want to open.

      It sounds like it pastes immediately too?

      A called clip, that's kin to a sub routine. You've made it more modular
      than it was before.

      Now all of this makes me wonder about NoteTab's parsing. From your report,
      it appears to me that a called clip is not parsed until the (entire clip or
      parent) clip has already begun to run and the called clip is checked/parsed
      when reaches that particular point of the clips run. (might not be though)
      That would explain the difference in behavior.

      In my clip writing, I have been moving more and more to the use of called
      clips. I liken them to sub routines myself. When clip written that way
      makes it more modular. only 1 maybe 2 tasks per each called clip and/or
      per each section in any clip keeps greater organization along with more
      ease to look at it and translate to me what the clip does at each of its
      stages.

      excess on anything not good though. Balance. I wouldn't too too many
      called clips makes it too hard for me to follow when writing,
      troubleshooting, etc.

      plugin the term in some circles. more modular so that can add a plugin(s)
      for more task(s)

      Great! Thanks for sharing that. I learned something. Regards. Alan.