Re: New user - specific need - collect url

  • hpaulissen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2002
      Tom,

      NoteTab can do what you want, here is a basic clip that might need
      some tweaking, but it sort of gets you going...

      > I have tried other tools and people are pointing me to notetab.
      > I would like to open files that we have recovered and collect the
      > URLs that are in them while maintaining what file they came from.
      > Being recovered files they are often littered with binary garbage.
      > I have to do this rather soon, naturally and would appreciate
      > anyones help in using the scripting language to do this.

      Open your document in NoteTab and run the following clip. It will
      search for all occurences of http:// in your doc, it puts filename
      and URL(s) in a variable that is used in the output file
      (LINKS_originalname.txt)

      ^!Jump Doc_START
      ^!Set %FileName%=^$GetFileName(^$GetDocName$)$
      ^!Set %URLS%=^%NL%
      :FINDURL
      ^!Find "http://" S
      ^!IfError END
      ^!Set %URLS%=^%URLS%^$GetBlock$^%NL%
      ^!GoTo FINDURL
      :END
      ^!ToolBar New Document
      ^%FileName%:
      ^%URLS%
      ^!Save AS LINKS_^%FileName%.txt

      You can use NoteTab to report about URLS in other files at the same
      time, but that would require a more sophisticated clip for which I do
      not have the time right now.

      Hugo