RE: [Clip] Re: To get a yes/no choice?

    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 18, 2002
      Hi Christine,

      >I like the yes/no part - thanks!
      >I guess I can't use %nl% or ^P in the label, can I?

      I don't know - never tried. You are free to try though. <g>

      >> I didn't use continue, because I liked the Info box. I might
      >> have to give it up, though. But you just taught me how to use a
      >> yes/no variable. Thanks, John!

      ^!Skip Insert text into document?
      ^!Goto End
      ^!InsertText ...

      http://www.notetab.net

    • silvermoonwoman2001
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 18, 2002
        Hi again,

        Using my previously posted clip, I found that if my clip library was
        open, the continue box displayed over it instead of my active
        document. I also found the Continue box to be awkward for the
        purpose of pasting. I don't even like being asked Yes/No. So I
        changed the clip to simply put the text on the clipboard, and I can
        paste it if and where I choose after the clip process is complete.
        Also, I sorted the outline file in NoteTab Pro and now the top line
        omits the word "NoSorting". You may have to use wordpad to edit this
        line in the otl file for use in NTL. Otherwise just sort the file in
        NTP with Document|Outline Headings|Sort Headings. (This facility
        would be useful if you were adding new terms - however the existing
        file is already presorted).

        Top line in McCookTerms.otl should be:

        = V4 Outline MultiLine TabWidth=30

        Here is my revised clip. It returns properly to the active document,
        and puts the term text on the clipboard. Now the clip is pretty
        useful. Your idea for making better use of the info in the clb file
        was a good one.

        H="McCookTerm Listing"
        ^!Set %Curdoc%=^$GetDocIndex$
        ^!Set %NeedDef%=^$GetSelection$
        ^!SetScreenUpdate off
        ^!Open E:\Docs\mcCookTerms.otl
        ^!SetTopicIndex ^$GetTopicIndex(^%NeedDef%)$
        ^!IFError NotFound
        ^!SetClipboard=^$GetText$
        :Display
        ^!Close E:\Docs\mcCookTerms.otl
        ^!SetDocIndex ^%Curdoc%
        ^!Info ^$GetClipboard$
        ^!Goto Exit
        :NotFound
        ^!SetClipboard=Not Found
        ^!Goto Display
        :Exit
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 18, 2002
          Hi Sheri,

          >You may have to use wordpad to edit this line in the otl file for
          >use in NTL.

          >= V4 Outline MultiLine TabWidth=30

          You can do an InsertFile and then Save AS after editing the line
          if you prefer to do it that way instead of another editor. The
          extension does not have to be .otl. NoteTab looks at the first
          line and not the file extension to open it. If you use .smw it
          will still open as an Outline. Just use File Export if you want
          to take all the Outline formatting out.

          http://www.notetab.net

        • Christine F. Muehling
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 18, 2002
            Sheri,
            Here's a little clip I was playing with that I'm using to jump from my main
            MC Editing library to my Cuisines, Categories, and/or sources Libraries:

            ^!SetWizardTitle "Go to which letter?"
            ^!LoadLibrary MC[Categories]
            ^!Clip ^?[(T=L;H=8)=A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|AY|Z]

            What I have done in those three is simply add an A, B, C, etc, clips (which
            when clicked themselves return me to the top). From the Editing libarary, I
            can pop back and forth to get things I'd need for that recipe. They're
            static information, and a lot of them, so I moved them into their own
            libraries.

            I think I prefer not switching back and forth to/from the documents, so I'm
            going to stick with the Yes/No box. :)

            I still don't have a decent digest to Outlook clip, although I've been
            playing around with them recently. (any ideas!)

            Christine
          • Christine F. Muehling
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 18, 2002
              Charlie,
              I did a tiny little variation on the first script, which eliminated another
              bit of typing:

              ^!Set %term%=^$GetClipName$
              ^!Set %vari%="^%term%: The French term for a sheet of puff pastry which has
              been rolled very thinly. Sometimes it refers to a thin slice of sponge cake
              used in a dessert."
              ^!Clip "InsertTerm"

              I like this and can use it in other clips!

              Thanks for your help. :)
              Chrisitne

              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 18, 2002
                Ok!

                I've got a new one. :)

                (Charlie -- ) I'm trying to work within that long document of Cooking terms,
                and I'm adding that little bit of code Charlie straightened out for me.

                I've written this cool thing:
                (Clip Name: Add Code)

                ^!Find "H="
                ^!Jump LINE_End
                ^!Keyboard ENTER
                ^!InsertText "^!Set %term%=^$GetClipName$"
                ^!Keyboard ENTER
                ^!InsertText "^!Set %vari%="^%term%: "
                ^!Select +1
                ^!DeleteLine
                ^!Keyboard DELETE

                Which finds the H= thingy, goes to the end, changes lines, inserts the code
                after itself, moves down a line, deletes one (How to tell it to delete the
                line only if it's blank?) then backspaces.

                However, no matter whether or not I use InsertText or InsertCode, it actions
                the GetClipName and its variable! <LOL> So I get it done looking like
                this:

                H="Boil"
                ^!Set %term%=Add Code
                ^!Set %vari%="Add Code:
                etc.

                I can't tell it to NOT action itself!

                Then, I want to jump to the end of the paragraph of text, to add the final
                InsertText. I can find how to SELECT the paragraph, but not go to the end.
                The number of lines aren't consistant, so I think I'd have to find a blank
                line again. I think...

                Suggestions?

                This is fun. Thanks for being kind about such basics.

                Christine
              • john041650
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 18, 2002
                  Hi Christine,

                  I was away for awhile (did you have any other questions for me that I didn't answer before?), and I only have a few minutes here now, but I'll give you a quick reaction to your post (I haven't tried what you're doing yet).. Your words below are capitalized, and my answer follows:

                  I CAN FIND HOW TO SELECT THE PARAGRAPH, BUT NOT GO TO THE END.
                  After selecting the paragraph,
                  ^!Jump Select_End

                  MOVES DOWN A LINE, DELETES ONE (HOW TO TELL IT TO DELETE THE LINE ONLY IF IT'S BLANK?)
                  After moving down:

                  ^!Select +1
                  ^!If "^$GetSelection$" = "^%nl" ^!Keyboard DELETE
                  ^!Select 0

                  Again, I'm doing this real fast and haven't verified that it will work as I've posted it, but you might give it a try..

                  John :)

                  --- In ntb-clips@y..., "Christine F. Muehling" <CF_Muehling@C...> wrote:
                  > Ok!
                  >
                  > I've got a new one. :)
                  >
                  > (Charlie -- ) I'm trying to work within that long document of Cooking terms,
                  > and I'm adding that little bit of code Charlie straightened out for me.
                  >
                  > I've written this cool thing:
                  > (Clip Name: Add Code)
                  >
                  > ^!Find "H="
                  > ^!Jump LINE_End
                  > ^!Keyboard ENTER
                  > ^!InsertText "^!Set %term%=^$GetClipName$"
                  > ^!Keyboard ENTER
                  > ^!InsertText "^!Set %vari%="^%term%: "
                  > ^!Select +1
                  > ^!DeleteLine
                  > ^!Keyboard DELETE
                  >
                  > Which finds the H= thingy, goes to the end, changes lines, inserts the code
                  > after itself, moves down a line, deletes one (How to tell it to delete the
                  > line only if it's blank?) then backspaces.
                  >
                  > However, no matter whether or not I use InsertText or InsertCode, it actions
                  > the GetClipName and its variable! <LOL> So I get it done looking like
                  > this:
                  >
                  > H="Boil"
                  > ^!Set %term%=Add Code
                  > ^!Set %vari%="Add Code:
                  > etc.
                  >
                  > I can't tell it to NOT action itself!
                  >
                  > Then, I want to jump to the end of the paragraph of text, to add the final
                  > InsertText. I can find how to SELECT the paragraph, but not go to the end.
                  > The number of lines aren't consistant, so I think I'd have to find a blank
                  > line again. I think...
                  >
                  > Suggestions?
                  >
                  > This is fun. Thanks for being kind about such basics.
                  >
                  > Christine
                • Christine F. Muehling
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 18, 2002
                    Oh! Thanks. I thought things going to the end meant EOL!
                    You did get all my questions before. Thanks. I appreciate you whipping
                    this off and I'll play with it.

                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 18, 2002
                      wrote:
                      > Sheri,
                      > Here's a little clip I was playing with that I'm using to jump from
                      my main
                      > MC Editing library to my Cuisines, Categories, and/or sources
                      Libraries:

                      > ^!SetWizardTitle "Go to which letter?"
                      > ^!LoadLibrary MC[Categories]
                      > ^!Clip ^?[(T=L;H=8)
                      =A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|AY|Z]

                      > What I have done in those three is simply add an A, B, C, etc,
                      clips (which
                      > when clicked themselves return me to the top). From the Editing
                      libarary, I
                      > can pop back and forth to get things I'd need for that recipe.
                      They're
                      > static information, and a lot of them, so I moved them into their
                      own
                      > libraries.
                      >
                      > I think I prefer not switching back and forth to/from the
                      documents, so I'm
                      > going to stick with the Yes/No box. :)
                      >
                      > I still don't have a decent digest to Outlook clip, although I've
                      been
                      > playing around with them recently. (any ideas!)
                      >
                      > Christine

                      Hi Christine,

                      I confess that I don't understand what you're saying. What do you
                      mean when you say your A-B-C clip returns you to the top? Top of
                      what? I also don't understand what you're trying to do with the
                      terms library. You could do the same thing I did with the outline
                      document using the original clip document by using ^$GetClipText
                      (ClipName)$ its just not quite as flexible as it is with outline
                      format. I don't see why you're putting set statements in the term
                      clips? I don't even follow what you mean by a digest to Outlook
                      clip? Maybe you mean digest to Notetab? I use Eudora, but with it,
                      I can edit a mailbox file directly because it in Ascii format. If
                      I'm not mistaken you can do the same with an Outlook file. Please
                      give a few more details. Also, what type of recipe files are you
                      editing with the A-B-C and term clips or are you entering them in
                      from scratch?