Re: [Clip] Project advise request.

  • Michael Gerholdt
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2002
      Could Mail-Bag by Erik Fookes, author of NoteTab Pro, fit into this equation
      somehow?

      > Hi Jody & all,
      >
      > I would like to ask Jody and the group if the following project is
      feasible with abilities of NoteTabPro.

      > I have around 3000 e-mails that have some gems of advise and instruction
      on a variety of subjects.

      > I would like to gain access to these "gems" by "linking" keywords to
      each of the 3000 messages which contain that keyword or phrase.

      > The end product would be an alphabetized list of keywords and or phrases
      which when "selected" would organized all linked messages in a presentable
      sequence by date. The e-mails (I think) might best be handled by converting
      them from the "mime" format into a text format that would be readable by
      NoteTab. The end goal is to provide all list members the ability to view all
      relevant messages in an easy to use referenced form which could be
      up-dated --- say every 6 months.

      > There is so much excellent information in the subject list, but most of
      it is requested over and over making much of the messages to the older
      members, uninteresting. The Linked alphabetized list described above would
      make a wonderful educational tool for new list members and keep the list
      vital and interesting.

      > I would appreciate any and all recommendations and/or suggestions to the
      most appropriate software -- should this task not be within NoteTabPro realm
      of applications.

      > Better yet, if this type of task has been accomplished by some reader, I
      would appreciate learning of your experience -- and ask for an honest
      estimate of the amount of effort involved and the success of the results.