Re: [Clip] Re: Script to strip scripts from HTML

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
      > > I couldn't live without regular expressions. This should do what
      > you
      > > want:
      > >
      > > ^!Replace \<SCRIPT\>.*\<\/SCRIPT\> \s ACIWRS
      >
      > Make that \<SCRIPT\>\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and it will find anything between
      > the tag-lines on more then one line...

      Problem is that AFAIK that expression will not do what's wanted if there
      is more than one <SCRIPT> .... </SCRIPT> pair in the document. It
      will find from the first <SCRIPT> to the last </SCRIPT>.

      It would be really nice if Eric could find a more powerful regexp engine
      to put in V5!

      Regards ... Alec
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
          Hi Alec and Others,

          >It would be really nice if Eric could find a more powerful regexp engine
          >to put in V5!

          Eric has tried some of them over the years that, by popular
          demand, were "a more powerful regexp engine." I've seen that
          quote 50 times if I've seen it once. One problem use to be that
          "NoteTab" was always greedy; there was no way to prevent it. So,
          currently, it is not greedy, only does a line at a time, unless
          you use something like above (\a). Every RegExp engine he has
          tried is buggy and has its pros and cons from what I can see via
          the lists and support mail. It seems like Eric is always fixing
          the RegExp engine no matter which one he uses.

          I'll be the first to tell you I am far from a RegExp expert, and
          more like a trial and error beginner.

          So, which do you use? Does anybody have one that works in all cases?

          H=RegExp
          ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n</script>" RSI
          ; ^!Find "<script>\n+.*\n+.*\n+</script>" RSI
          ; ^!Find "<script>\n+.*\n+</script>" RSI
          ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n+.*<\/script>" RSI
          ; ^!Find "<script>*\n.</script>" RSI
          ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n.*</script>" RSI
          ; ^!Find "<script>\n.*</script>" RSI
          ; ^!Find "^<script>.*</script>" RSI
          ; ^!Find "^\s+<script>.*<\/script>" RSI
          ; ^!Find "<script>.*</script>" RSI
          ; ^!Find "^<script>.*\n</script>" RSI
          ; ^!Find "^<script>.*\n+</script>" RSI
          ; ^!Find "^[^<script>].*[^</script>]" RSI
          ; ^!Find "\<script\>\a*\<\/script\>" RSI
          ; ^!Find "\<script\>.*\<\/script\>" RIS

          Test text:

          <script>dfhjsdfh
          sfhjsfjsfj</script>

          <script>
          </script>

          <script>
          </script>

          <script>
          ghj dghjdg
          </script>

          <script>
          dyjfj
          dfyu
          </script>

          <script>dghfj dfhjj</script>

          <script>dfg xgfh</script>

          <script>
          fgjk
          fgjkgjk
          gyuigot
          </script>

          http://www.notetab.net

        • ...Tyrell...
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
            Hi Jody

            Sounds like the right spot for it :), but the files section for ntb-clips
            is missing.
            same is true for the ntb-html group.

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
              Hi ...Tyrell...,

              >Sounds like the right spot for it :), but the files section for
              >ntb-clips is missing.
              >same is true for the ntb-html group.

              Oops, members are now authorized to upload files.