Re: [Clip] Re: Script to strip scripts from HTML

  • ...Tyrell...
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
      > > I couldn't live without regular expressions. This should do what you
      > > want:
      > >
      > > ^!Replace \<SCRIPT\>.*\<\/SCRIPT\> \s ACIWRS
      >
      >Make that \<SCRIPT\>\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and it will find anything between
      >the tag-lines on more then one line...

      make that \<SCRIPT\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and you find about 800% more script
      sections ;-)

      most webpages today don't just use <SCRIPT> anymore
      but something more like <script language="JavaScript">

      .?. anyone that might have some use for a HTML tag scanner .?.
      you give it a document to process.
      It give you the tag names used in that document, split in two ( | array) lists,
      one for single tags, the one's without a closing partner like IMG
      and one for dual tags, with closing partner BODY

      Cheers
      ...Tyrell...

    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
        > > I couldn't live without regular expressions. This should do what
        > you
        > > want:
        > >
        > > ^!Replace \<SCRIPT\>.*\<\/SCRIPT\> \s ACIWRS
        >
        > Make that \<SCRIPT\>\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and it will find anything between
        > the tag-lines on more then one line...

        Problem is that AFAIK that expression will not do what's wanted if there
        is more than one <SCRIPT> .... </SCRIPT> pair in the document. It
        will find from the first <SCRIPT> to the last </SCRIPT>.

        It would be really nice if Eric could find a more powerful regexp engine
        to put in V5!

        Regards ... Alec
          Sounds like a neat toy. ;) How about uploading it. If you do
          not have a server setup, you can upload to the file area for the
          HTML or Clips group at yahoo.

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
            Hi Alec and Others,

            >It would be really nice if Eric could find a more powerful regexp engine
            >to put in V5!

            Eric has tried some of them over the years that, by popular
            demand, were "a more powerful regexp engine." I've seen that
            quote 50 times if I've seen it once. One problem use to be that
            "NoteTab" was always greedy; there was no way to prevent it. So,
            currently, it is not greedy, only does a line at a time, unless
            you use something like above (\a). Every RegExp engine he has
            tried is buggy and has its pros and cons from what I can see via
            the lists and support mail. It seems like Eric is always fixing
            the RegExp engine no matter which one he uses.

            I'll be the first to tell you I am far from a RegExp expert, and
            more like a trial and error beginner.

            So, which do you use? Does anybody have one that works in all cases?

            H=RegExp
            ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n</script>" RSI
            ; ^!Find "<script>\n+.*\n+.*\n+</script>" RSI
            ; ^!Find "<script>\n+.*\n+</script>" RSI
            ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n+.*<\/script>" RSI
            ; ^!Find "<script>*\n.</script>" RSI
            ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n.*</script>" RSI
            ; ^!Find "<script>\n.*</script>" RSI
            ; ^!Find "^<script>.*</script>" RSI
            ; ^!Find "^\s+<script>.*<\/script>" RSI
            ; ^!Find "<script>.*</script>" RSI
            ; ^!Find "^<script>.*\n</script>" RSI
            ; ^!Find "^<script>.*\n+</script>" RSI
            ; ^!Find "^[^<script>].*[^</script>]" RSI
            ; ^!Find "\<script\>\a*\<\/script\>" RSI
            ; ^!Find "\<script\>.*\<\/script\>" RIS

            Test text:

            <script>dfhjsdfh
            sfhjsfjsfj</script>

            <script>
            </script>

            <script>
            </script>

            <script>
            ghj dghjdg
            </script>

            <script>
            dyjfj
            dfyu
            </script>

            <script>dghfj dfhjj</script>

            <script>dfg xgfh</script>

            <script>
            fgjk
            fgjkgjk
            gyuigot
            </script>

            http://www.notetab.net

          • ...Tyrell...
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
              Hi Jody

              Sounds like the right spot for it :), but the files section for ntb-clips
              is missing.
              same is true for the ntb-html group.

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
                Hi ...Tyrell...,

                >Sounds like the right spot for it :), but the files section for
                >ntb-clips is missing.
                >same is true for the ntb-html group.

                Oops, members are now authorized to upload files.