Re: Script to strip scripts from HTML

  • hpaulissen
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002

      > I couldn't live without regular expressions. This should do what
      you
      > want:
      >
      > ^!Replace \<SCRIPT\>.*\<\/SCRIPT\> \s ACIWRS

      Make that \<SCRIPT\>\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and it will find anything between
      the tag-lines on more then one line...

      HTH,

      Hugo
    • ...Tyrell...
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
        > > I couldn't live without regular expressions. This should do what you
        > > want:
        > >
        > > ^!Replace \<SCRIPT\>.*\<\/SCRIPT\> \s ACIWRS
        >
        >Make that \<SCRIPT\>\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and it will find anything between
        >the tag-lines on more then one line...

        make that \<SCRIPT\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and you find about 800% more script
        sections ;-)

        most webpages today don't just use <SCRIPT> anymore
        but something more like <script language="JavaScript">

        .?. anyone that might have some use for a HTML tag scanner .?.
        you give it a document to process.
        It give you the tag names used in that document, split in two ( | array) lists,
        one for single tags, the one's without a closing partner like IMG
        and one for dual tags, with closing partner BODY

        Cheers
        ...Tyrell...

      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
          > > I couldn't live without regular expressions. This should do what
          > you
          > > want:
          > >
          > > ^!Replace \<SCRIPT\>.*\<\/SCRIPT\> \s ACIWRS
          >
          > Make that \<SCRIPT\>\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and it will find anything between
          > the tag-lines on more then one line...

          Problem is that AFAIK that expression will not do what's wanted if there
          is more than one <SCRIPT> .... </SCRIPT> pair in the document. It
          will find from the first <SCRIPT> to the last </SCRIPT>.

          It would be really nice if Eric could find a more powerful regexp engine
          to put in V5!

          Regards ... Alec
            Sounds like a neat toy. ;) How about uploading it. If you do
            not have a server setup, you can upload to the file area for the
            HTML or Clips group at yahoo.

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
              Hi Alec and Others,

              >It would be really nice if Eric could find a more powerful regexp engine
              >to put in V5!

              Eric has tried some of them over the years that, by popular
              demand, were "a more powerful regexp engine." I've seen that
              quote 50 times if I've seen it once. One problem use to be that
              "NoteTab" was always greedy; there was no way to prevent it. So,
              currently, it is not greedy, only does a line at a time, unless
              you use something like above (\a). Every RegExp engine he has
              tried is buggy and has its pros and cons from what I can see via
              the lists and support mail. It seems like Eric is always fixing
              the RegExp engine no matter which one he uses.

              I'll be the first to tell you I am far from a RegExp expert, and
              more like a trial and error beginner.

              So, which do you use? Does anybody have one that works in all cases?

              H=RegExp
              ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n</script>" RSI
              ; ^!Find "<script>\n+.*\n+.*\n+</script>" RSI
              ; ^!Find "<script>\n+.*\n+</script>" RSI
              ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n+.*<\/script>" RSI
              ; ^!Find "<script>*\n.</script>" RSI
              ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n.*</script>" RSI
              ; ^!Find "<script>\n.*</script>" RSI
              ; ^!Find "^<script>.*</script>" RSI
              ; ^!Find "^\s+<script>.*<\/script>" RSI
              ; ^!Find "<script>.*</script>" RSI
              ; ^!Find "^<script>.*\n</script>" RSI
              ; ^!Find "^<script>.*\n+</script>" RSI
              ; ^!Find "^[^<script>].*[^</script>]" RSI
              ; ^!Find "\<script\>\a*\<\/script\>" RSI
              ; ^!Find "\<script\>.*\<\/script\>" RIS

              Test text:

              <script>dfhjsdfh
              sfhjsfjsfj</script>

              <script>
              </script>

              <script>
              </script>

              <script>
              ghj dghjdg
              </script>

              <script>
              dyjfj
              dfyu
              </script>

              <script>dghfj dfhjj</script>

              <script>dfg xgfh</script>

              <script>
              fgjk
              fgjkgjk
              gyuigot
              </script>

              http://www.notetab.net

            • ...Tyrell...
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
                Hi Jody

                Sounds like the right spot for it :), but the files section for ntb-clips
                is missing.
                same is true for the ntb-html group.

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
                  Hi ...Tyrell...,

                  >Sounds like the right spot for it :), but the files section for
                  >ntb-clips is missing.
                  >same is true for the ntb-html group.

                  Oops, members are now authorized to upload files.