Re: [Clip] Clips Needed

  • ...Tyrell...
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1 11:03 PM
      At 21:03 01-02-2002 -0600, you wrote:
      >Hi ...Tyrell... and Mitchell,
      >
      > >>everything ... except italics and bold tags.
      > >
      > >>H=Remove <i> & <b>
      > >
      > >Lol, I'm not sure he is going to appreciate that clip a lot ;-)
      >
      >OH, my!!! (That is serious - use should not laugh at such a matter. ;)
      >
      > > 1. A clip that will ***selectively*** remove HTML tags.
      > > Actually, I would be in very good shape if I could just find
      > > one that would strip out everything except italics and bold
      > > tags.The most troublesome of these that I want to kill are an
      > > endless variety of font tags.
      >
      >I'm sorry, I hope you did not mess up any files. I do not have
      >the time to write a script that would remove all tags *except*
      ><i> and <b>, but you can do one tag at a time. The following
      >Clip prompts you before removing. Just take out the ^!Continue
      >and ^!IfCancel lines if you want it to loop until done. Do it a
      >copy first, right Tyrell? :)

      Absolutely, better save with a copy, than sorry about a lost original.

      I'm not making any solid promises, but I'm thinking about extending on that
      clip of Jody and create something with more options.
      Might be useful to have a selectable tag stripper around.

      ...Tyrell...

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2 8:20 AM
        Hi ...Tyrell...,

        >> > 1. A clip that will ***selectively*** remove HTML tags.

        >Absolutely, better save with a copy, than sorry about a lost
        >original.

        Most people do, even multiple places... that is, after they've
        been burnt a few times, and some it takes a great number of times
        of getting bit.

        >I'm not making any solid promises, but I'm thinking about
        >extending on that clip of Jody and create something with more
        >options. Might be useful to have a selectable tag stripper around.

        It's been done a number of times. I've done at least one or two
        myself. My problem is I have a huge amount of Clips and have no
        idea where to look. <g>

        <--- Copy below this line --->
        H=Clip Count
        ; Last updated 02-02-2002, Sojourner@..., jody
        ; http://www.notetab.net

        ; Last updated 02-02-2002, Sojourner@..., jody
        ; http://www.notetab.net

        ^!ClearVariables
        ^!SetHintInfo Working...
        ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
        ^!Set %ClipCount%=0
        ^!Set %Library%=^$GetLibraryPath$^$GetLibraryName$.clb
        ^!Open "^%Library%"

        :Loop
        ^!Find "H=" S
        ^!IfError Show
        ^!Inc %ClipCount%
        ^!Goto Loop

        :Show
        ^!Close "^%Library%"
        ^!Info ^%ClipCount%

        H=Total Library Count
        ; Last updated 02-02-2002, Sojourner@..., jody
        ; http://www.notetab.net

        ^!ClearVariables
        ^!SetHintInfo Working...
        ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
        ^!SetArray %FileList%=^$GetFiles("^$GetLibraryPath$";"*.clb")$
        ^!Set %Count%=^%FileList0%
        ^!Set %Index%=1; %Clip%=0
        :NextLib
        ^!Open "^%FileList^%Index%%"

        :Loop
        ^!Find "H=" S
        ^!IfError Reset
        ^!Inc %Clips%
        ^!Goto Loop

        :Reset
        ^!Close "^%FileList^%Index%%"
        ^!Inc %Index%
        ^!If ^%Index% > ^%Count% Next else NextLib
        ^!Info Total Libraries: ^%Count% Total Clips: ^%Clips%

        <--- Copy above this line, right --->
        <--- click over a Library, and --->
        <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

        http://www.notetab.net

      • Ben Barnet
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2 8:30 AM
          Mitchell D. Lynn wrote:

          > Does anyone know if there are clips that can do either of the folloing.
          > 1. A clip that will ***selectively*** remove HTML tags.
          [...]

          Stephen Riddle's library, clipsIuse, includes a clip called Strip-A-Tag
          that may be what you're looking for.

          http://www.notetab.com/clipbooks/clipsiuse.zip

          HTH
          Ben