[Clip] Re: Script to strip scripts from HTML

  • rdeckard1ca
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2002
      silvermoonwoman, Jody:
      Thanks for suggestions, will try both.
    • hpaulissen
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002

        > I couldn't live without regular expressions. This should do what
        you
        > want:
        >
        > ^!Replace \<SCRIPT\>.*\<\/SCRIPT\> \s ACIWRS

        Make that \<SCRIPT\>\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and it will find anything between
        the tag-lines on more then one line...

        HTH,

        Hugo
      • ...Tyrell...
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
          > > I couldn't live without regular expressions. This should do what you
          > > want:
          > >
          > > ^!Replace \<SCRIPT\>.*\<\/SCRIPT\> \s ACIWRS
          >
          >Make that \<SCRIPT\>\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and it will find anything between
          >the tag-lines on more then one line...

          make that \<SCRIPT\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and you find about 800% more script
          sections ;-)

          most webpages today don't just use <SCRIPT> anymore
          but something more like <script language="JavaScript">

          .?. anyone that might have some use for a HTML tag scanner .?.
          you give it a document to process.
          It give you the tag names used in that document, split in two ( | array) lists,
          one for single tags, the one's without a closing partner like IMG
          and one for dual tags, with closing partner BODY

          Cheers
          ...Tyrell...

        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
            > > I couldn't live without regular expressions. This should do what
            > you
            > > want:
            > >
            > > ^!Replace \<SCRIPT\>.*\<\/SCRIPT\> \s ACIWRS
            >
            > Make that \<SCRIPT\>\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and it will find anything between
            > the tag-lines on more then one line...

            Problem is that AFAIK that expression will not do what's wanted if there
            is more than one <SCRIPT> .... </SCRIPT> pair in the document. It
            will find from the first <SCRIPT> to the last </SCRIPT>.

            It would be really nice if Eric could find a more powerful regexp engine
            to put in V5!

            Regards ... Alec
              Sounds like a neat toy. ;) How about uploading it. If you do
              not have a server setup, you can upload to the file area for the
              HTML or Clips group at yahoo.

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
                Hi Alec and Others,

                >It would be really nice if Eric could find a more powerful regexp engine
                >to put in V5!

                Eric has tried some of them over the years that, by popular
                demand, were "a more powerful regexp engine." I've seen that
                quote 50 times if I've seen it once. One problem use to be that
                "NoteTab" was always greedy; there was no way to prevent it. So,
                currently, it is not greedy, only does a line at a time, unless
                you use something like above (\a). Every RegExp engine he has
                tried is buggy and has its pros and cons from what I can see via
                the lists and support mail. It seems like Eric is always fixing
                the RegExp engine no matter which one he uses.

                I'll be the first to tell you I am far from a RegExp expert, and
                more like a trial and error beginner.

                So, which do you use? Does anybody have one that works in all cases?

                H=RegExp
                ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n</script>" RSI
                ; ^!Find "<script>\n+.*\n+.*\n+</script>" RSI
                ; ^!Find "<script>\n+.*\n+</script>" RSI
                ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n+.*<\/script>" RSI
                ; ^!Find "<script>*\n.</script>" RSI
                ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n.*</script>" RSI
                ; ^!Find "<script>\n.*</script>" RSI
                ; ^!Find "^<script>.*</script>" RSI
                ; ^!Find "^\s+<script>.*<\/script>" RSI
                ; ^!Find "<script>.*</script>" RSI
                ; ^!Find "^<script>.*\n</script>" RSI
                ; ^!Find "^<script>.*\n+</script>" RSI
                ; ^!Find "^[^<script>].*[^</script>]" RSI
                ; ^!Find "\<script\>\a*\<\/script\>" RSI
                ; ^!Find "\<script\>.*\<\/script\>" RIS

                Test text:

                <script>dfhjsdfh
                sfhjsfjsfj</script>

                <script>
                </script>

                <script>
                </script>

                <script>
                ghj dghjdg
                </script>

                <script>
                dyjfj
                dfyu
                </script>

                <script>dghfj dfhjj</script>

                <script>dfg xgfh</script>

                <script>
                fgjk
                fgjkgjk
                gyuigot
                </script>

                http://www.notetab.net

              • ...Tyrell...
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
                  Hi Jody

                  Sounds like the right spot for it :), but the files section for ntb-clips
                  is missing.
                  same is true for the ntb-html group.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
                    Hi ...Tyrell...,

                    >Sounds like the right spot for it :), but the files section for
                    >ntb-clips is missing.
                    >same is true for the ntb-html group.

                    Oops, members are now authorized to upload files.