Re: [Clip] Clips Needed

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2002
      Hi ...Tyrell... and Mitchell,

      >>everything ... except italics and bold tags.
      >
      >>H=Remove <i> & <b>
      >
      >Lol, I'm not sure he is going to appreciate that clip a lot ;-)

      OH, my!!! (That is serious - use should not laugh at such a matter. ;)

      > 1. A clip that will ***selectively*** remove HTML tags.
      > Actually, I would be in very good shape if I could just find
      > one that would strip out everything except italics and bold
      > tags.The most troublesome of these that I want to kill are an
      > endless variety of font tags.

      I'm sorry, I hope you did not mess up any files. I do not have
      the time to write a script that would remove all tags *except*
      <i> and <b>, but you can do one tag at a time. The following
      Clip prompts you before removing. Just take out the ^!Continue
      and ^!IfCancel lines if you want it to loop until done. Do it a
      copy first, right Tyrell? :)

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=Remove Tag
      ; Last updated 02-01-2002, Sojourner@..., jody
      ; http://www.notetab.net

      ^!Set %StartTag%=^?{Enter tag without arrows=font}; %EndTag%=^?{Enter tag without arrows}

      :Loop
      ^!Find "<^%StartTag%" S
      ^!IfError End
      ^!Jump Select_Start
      ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
      ^!Find "</^%EndTag%>" S
      ^!Jump Select_End
      ^!SelectTo ^%Start%
      ^!Continue Remove this tag?
      ^!IfCancel End
      ^!InsertText ^%Empty%
      ^!Goto Loop

      <--- Copy above this line, right --->
      <--- click over a Library, and --->
      <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

      http://www.notetab.net

    • ...Tyrell...
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2002
        At 21:03 01-02-2002 -0600, you wrote:
        >Hi ...Tyrell... and Mitchell,
        >
        > >>everything ... except italics and bold tags.
        > >
        > >>H=Remove <i> & <b>
        > >
        > >Lol, I'm not sure he is going to appreciate that clip a lot ;-)
        >
        >OH, my!!! (That is serious - use should not laugh at such a matter. ;)
        >
        > > 1. A clip that will ***selectively*** remove HTML tags.
        > > Actually, I would be in very good shape if I could just find
        > > one that would strip out everything except italics and bold
        > > tags.The most troublesome of these that I want to kill are an
        > > endless variety of font tags.
        >
        >I'm sorry, I hope you did not mess up any files. I do not have
        >the time to write a script that would remove all tags *except*
        ><i> and <b>, but you can do one tag at a time. The following
        >Clip prompts you before removing. Just take out the ^!Continue
        >and ^!IfCancel lines if you want it to loop until done. Do it a
        >copy first, right Tyrell? :)

        Absolutely, better save with a copy, than sorry about a lost original.

        I'm not making any solid promises, but I'm thinking about extending on that
        clip of Jody and create something with more options.
        Might be useful to have a selectable tag stripper around.

        ...Tyrell...

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2002
          Hi ...Tyrell...,

          >> > 1. A clip that will ***selectively*** remove HTML tags.

          >Absolutely, better save with a copy, than sorry about a lost
          >original.

          Most people do, even multiple places... that is, after they've
          been burnt a few times, and some it takes a great number of times
          of getting bit.

          >I'm not making any solid promises, but I'm thinking about
          >extending on that clip of Jody and create something with more
          >options. Might be useful to have a selectable tag stripper around.

          It's been done a number of times. I've done at least one or two
          myself. My problem is I have a huge amount of Clips and have no
          idea where to look. <g>

          <--- Copy below this line --->
          H=Clip Count
          ; Last updated 02-02-2002, Sojourner@..., jody
          ; http://www.notetab.net

          ; Last updated 02-02-2002, Sojourner@..., jody
          ; http://www.notetab.net

          ^!ClearVariables
          ^!SetHintInfo Working...
          ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
          ^!Set %ClipCount%=0
          ^!Set %Library%=^$GetLibraryPath$^$GetLibraryName$.clb
          ^!Open "^%Library%"

          :Loop
          ^!Find "H=" S
          ^!IfError Show
          ^!Inc %ClipCount%
          ^!Goto Loop

          :Show
          ^!Close "^%Library%"
          ^!Info ^%ClipCount%

          H=Total Library Count
          ; Last updated 02-02-2002, Sojourner@..., jody
          ; http://www.notetab.net

          ^!ClearVariables
          ^!SetHintInfo Working...
          ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
          ^!SetArray %FileList%=^$GetFiles("^$GetLibraryPath$";"*.clb")$
          ^!Set %Count%=^%FileList0%
          ^!Set %Index%=1; %Clip%=0
          :NextLib
          ^!Open "^%FileList^%Index%%"

          :Loop
          ^!Find "H=" S
          ^!IfError Reset
          ^!Inc %Clips%
          ^!Goto Loop

          :Reset
          ^!Close "^%FileList^%Index%%"
          ^!Inc %Index%
          ^!If ^%Index% > ^%Count% Next else NextLib
          ^!Info Total Libraries: ^%Count% Total Clips: ^%Clips%

          <--- Copy above this line, right --->
          <--- click over a Library, and --->
          <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

          http://www.notetab.net

        • Ben Barnet
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2002
            Mitchell D. Lynn wrote:

            > Does anyone know if there are clips that can do either of the folloing.
            > 1. A clip that will ***selectively*** remove HTML tags.
            [...]

            Stephen Riddle's library, clipsIuse, includes a clip called Strip-A-Tag
            that may be what you're looking for.

            http://www.notetab.com/clipbooks/clipsiuse.zip

            HTH
            Ben