Re: Script to strip scripts from HTML

  • silvermoonwoman2001
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2002
      --- In ntb-clips@y..., "rdeckard1ca" <rdeckard_@e...> wrote:
      > I want to create a script to strip javascripts from saved web pages.
      > Essentially then, I want to search for <SCRIPT>, </SCRIPT> and
      everything in between and replace it with a blank space. Using FIND
      and REPLACE though, I can't figure out how to use regular expressions
      to identify this group of words as a block. The help file isn't very
      good at illuminating how this might be accomplished.

      > Suggestions?

      I couldn't live without regular expressions. This should do what you
      want:

      ^!Replace \<SCRIPT\>.*\<\/SCRIPT\> \s ACIWRS
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2002
        Hi silvermoonwoman2001,

        >I couldn't live without regular expressions. This should do what
        >you want:
        >
        >^!Replace \<SCRIPT\>.*\<\/SCRIPT\> \s ACIWRS

        I always have a problem with them being too greedy, or at least
        it takes me a number of trial and errors to get it right.

        BTW, it is best to use the following format on the lists, because
        of eMail programs and perhaps yahoo turning tabs into spaces.

        ^!Replace "<script>.*<\/script>" >> "" RSI

        http://www.notetab.net

      • rdeckard1ca
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2002
          silvermoonwoman, Jody:
          Thanks for suggestions, will try both.
        • hpaulissen
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002

            > I couldn't live without regular expressions. This should do what
            you
            > want:
            >
            > ^!Replace \<SCRIPT\>.*\<\/SCRIPT\> \s ACIWRS

            Make that \<SCRIPT\>\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and it will find anything between
            the tag-lines on more then one line...

            HTH,

            Hugo
          • ...Tyrell...
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
              > > I couldn't live without regular expressions. This should do what you
              > > want:
              > >
              > > ^!Replace \<SCRIPT\>.*\<\/SCRIPT\> \s ACIWRS
              >
              >Make that \<SCRIPT\>\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and it will find anything between
              >the tag-lines on more then one line...

              make that \<SCRIPT\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and you find about 800% more script
              sections ;-)

              most webpages today don't just use <SCRIPT> anymore
              but something more like <script language="JavaScript">

              .?. anyone that might have some use for a HTML tag scanner .?.
              you give it a document to process.
              It give you the tag names used in that document, split in two ( | array) lists,
              one for single tags, the one's without a closing partner like IMG
              and one for dual tags, with closing partner BODY

              Cheers
              ...Tyrell...

            • Alec Burgess
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
                > > I couldn't live without regular expressions. This should do what
                > you
                > > want:
                > >
                > > ^!Replace \<SCRIPT\>.*\<\/SCRIPT\> \s ACIWRS
                >
                > Make that \<SCRIPT\>\a*\<\/SCRIPT\> and it will find anything between
                > the tag-lines on more then one line...

                Problem is that AFAIK that expression will not do what's wanted if there
                is more than one <SCRIPT> .... </SCRIPT> pair in the document. It
                will find from the first <SCRIPT> to the last </SCRIPT>.

                It would be really nice if Eric could find a more powerful regexp engine
                to put in V5!

                Regards ... Alec
                  Sounds like a neat toy. ;) How about uploading it. If you do
                  not have a server setup, you can upload to the file area for the
                  HTML or Clips group at yahoo.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
                    Hi Alec and Others,

                    >It would be really nice if Eric could find a more powerful regexp engine
                    >to put in V5!

                    Eric has tried some of them over the years that, by popular
                    demand, were "a more powerful regexp engine." I've seen that
                    quote 50 times if I've seen it once. One problem use to be that
                    "NoteTab" was always greedy; there was no way to prevent it. So,
                    currently, it is not greedy, only does a line at a time, unless
                    you use something like above (\a). Every RegExp engine he has
                    tried is buggy and has its pros and cons from what I can see via
                    the lists and support mail. It seems like Eric is always fixing
                    the RegExp engine no matter which one he uses.

                    I'll be the first to tell you I am far from a RegExp expert, and
                    more like a trial and error beginner.

                    So, which do you use? Does anybody have one that works in all cases?

                    H=RegExp
                    ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n</script>" RSI
                    ; ^!Find "<script>\n+.*\n+.*\n+</script>" RSI
                    ; ^!Find "<script>\n+.*\n+</script>" RSI
                    ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n+.*<\/script>" RSI
                    ; ^!Find "<script>*\n.</script>" RSI
                    ; ^!Find "<script>.*\n.*</script>" RSI
                    ; ^!Find "<script>\n.*</script>" RSI
                    ; ^!Find "^<script>.*</script>" RSI
                    ; ^!Find "^\s+<script>.*<\/script>" RSI
                    ; ^!Find "<script>.*</script>" RSI
                    ; ^!Find "^<script>.*\n</script>" RSI
                    ; ^!Find "^<script>.*\n+</script>" RSI
                    ; ^!Find "^[^<script>].*[^</script>]" RSI
                    ; ^!Find "\<script\>\a*\<\/script\>" RSI
                    ; ^!Find "\<script\>.*\<\/script\>" RIS

                    Test text:

                    <script>dfhjsdfh
                    sfhjsfjsfj</script>

                    <script>
                    </script>

                    <script>
                    </script>

                    <script>
                    ghj dghjdg
                    </script>

                    <script>
                    dyjfj
                    dfyu
                    </script>

                    <script>dghfj dfhjj</script>

                    <script>dfg xgfh</script>

                    <script>
                    fgjk
                    fgjkgjk
                    gyuigot
                    </script>

                    http://www.notetab.net

                  • ...Tyrell...
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
                      Hi Jody

                      Sounds like the right spot for it :), but the files section for ntb-clips
                      is missing.
                      same is true for the ntb-html group.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
                        Hi ...Tyrell...,

                        >Sounds like the right spot for it :), but the files section for
                        >ntb-clips is missing.
                        >same is true for the ntb-html group.

                        Oops, members are now authorized to upload files.