Re:[Clip] Art, History, and Lit Array

  • Elizabeth Wild
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
      Here is a very basic clip which I think will accomplish your goal. You can add as many options as you want.

      Clip start:

      ^!SetArray %choices%=^?{(t=a)Choose Subject Areas=Art^=200|History^=300|Literature^=350}
      ^!Set %loop%=^%choices0%; %control%=0

      :loop
      ^!Inc control
      ^!Insert <term type="soc" n="^%Choices^%control%%">^%NL%
      ^!If ^%loop%=^%control% skip
      ^!GoTo loop

      I have converted the characters, so that e-mail programs and the web will render rather than interpreting.

      Elizabeth Wild
      ewild@...

      Original message from: "gold76spirit"
      >OK, I haven't a clue...
      >
      >I need to provide a list of choices (preferably check boxes) from
      >which the user can select any number of options. Their selections
      >first need to be converted or read as a value and that number must
      >then be inputted as the value of n in this XML tag, one entry per
      >tag: <term type="soc" n=""> I tried to use an array, but that only
      >works for one selection at a time, and I need to speed things up and
      >allow them to select as many values as they need.
      >

      >Here is a short example of what my user needs to see as his choices:
      >Art
      >History
      >Literature
      >

      >Let's say the value for those terms are:
      >Art=200
      >History=300
      >Literature=350
      >

      >In the file, I need to see:
      ><term type="soc" n="200">
      ><term type="soc" n="300">
      >
      >I don't want the user to see the numerical value for these terms.
      >
      >Can anyone offer suggestions?
      >
      >Tnaks so very much!!! :-)
      >GL

    • gold76spirit
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
        Elizabeth,

        THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!! This worked beautifully and was just
        what I needed!

        Gratefully,
        GL

        :^)