Updated NoteTab documentation (PDF, CHM, HLP)

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
      Hello everyone,

      I've at last found a worthy Help authoring tool that has enabled me to make
      some improvements to the NoteTab Help file and provide new document formats
      (PDF and HTML Help). The new Help file is now split into two parts,
      NoteTab.hlp which contains all information except Clip syntax, and
      Clipbook.hlp which contains just the Clip syntax. All the Clip commands and
      functions are now listed in the Clipbook.hlp index section. Another
      improvement is that all the URLs are now clickable. The HTML Help file
      contains the same information as the standard WinHelp file, which is
      displayed in the newer format. The PDF file contains all the information
      displayed in NoteTab.hlp; Clip syntax was not included.

      Please note that the current version of NoteTab has no links to the
      Clipbook.hlp file, so some of the context sensitive Help items will show an
      error message. However, the NoteTab.hlp file contains links to the
      Clipbook.hlp file, so you can display Clip topics from the NoteTab Help file.

      Here are the download URLs to the new resources. I hope you find them useful.

      NoteTab PDF Documentation; size 321 KB:
      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/notetabpdf.zip

      NoteTab HTML Help Documentation; size 460 KB:
      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/notetabchm.zip

      NoteTab WinHelp Documentation; size 205 KB:
      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/notetabhlp.zip

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes

    • note_ed
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
        I've posted this message to both the notetab and the clips group as
        I thought it may benefit both. Eric has provided some new HTML help
        files, and Don Paul Beletsky on the Notetab group pointed out that
        the HTML help is not currently linked into Notetab.

        To that end I've put together a clip that will lookup a clip command
        that is currently highlighted in NoteTab within the clip help file.
        Just adjust the clip to your help file's location...

        H="HTML Clip Help"
        ;Temporarily store the clipboard contents
        ^!ClipBoardSave
        ;Set the clipboard contents to the current selection
        ^!SetClipboard ^$GetSelection$
        ;Launch the help file (your file location here)
        ^!Shell "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Help\Clipbook.chm"
        :FOCUS
        ;Loop until we can set the focus to the help file
        ^!FocusApp Clip Script Help
        ^!IfError FOCUS Else NEXT
        ^!If ^$GetClipboardSize$=0 RESTORE
        ;Select the search tab
        ^!Keyboard ALT+S
        ;Paste the selection in
        ^!Keyboard CTRL+V
        ;List the topics
        ^!Keyboard ALT+L
        :RESTORE
        ;Restore the original clipboard contents
        ^!ClipBoardRestore

        I'd advise adding this to a clipbar if you can. Its also worth
        noting that if no clip command is highlighted, the help file will
        simply be opened.

        Hope this is of use to people until HTML Help is integrated into
        NoteTab....

        Regards,

        Stephen Millard.
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
          Hi Stephen,

          >I've posted this message to both the notetab and the clips group

          Please do not post Clips to the NoteTab Basic List. TIA.

          http://www.notetab.net

        • ...Tyrell...
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
            At 23:12 01-02-2002 +0000, you wrote:
            >I've posted this message to both the notetab and the clips group as
            >I thought it may benefit both. Eric has provided some new HTML help
            >files, and Don Paul Beletsky on the Notetab group pointed out that
            >the HTML help is not currently linked into Notetab.
            >
            >To that end I've put together a clip that will lookup a clip command
            >that is currently highlighted in NoteTab within the clip help file.
            >Just adjust the clip to your help file's location...

            >H="HTML Clip Help"
            >;Temporarily store the clipboard contents
            >^!ClipBoardSave
            >;Set the clipboard contents to the current selection
            >^!SetClipboard ^$GetSelection$
            >;Launch the help file (your file location here)
            >^!Shell "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Help\Clipbook.chm"
            >:FOCUS
            >;Loop until we can set the focus to the help file
            >^!FocusApp Clip Script Help
            >^!IfError FOCUS Else NEXT
            >^!If ^$GetClipboardSize$=0 RESTORE
            >;Select the search tab
            >^!Keyboard ALT+S
            >;Paste the selection in
            >^!Keyboard CTRL+V
            >;List the topics
            >^!Keyboard ALT+L
            >:RESTORE
            >;Restore the original clipboard contents
            >^!ClipBoardRestore

            >I'd advise adding this to a clipbar if you can. Its also worth
            >noting that if no clip command is highlighted, the help file will
            >simply be opened.
            >
            >Hope this is of use to people until HTML Help is integrated into
            >NoteTab....
            >
            >Regards,
            >
            >Stephen Millard.

            You also might want add a extra focus command + test to prevent opening a
            new CHM help file if its already open.

            adding these two line in front off the ^!Shell command will probable do the
            trick.

            ^!FocusApp Clip Script Help
            ^!IfError NEXT Else SKIP_4

            Cheers