Re: [Clip] Is it safe to delete...

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2002
      Hi Jim and Piotr,

      Thanks Jim! I'm adding a tad but to this to make it clearer...

      >>*.B\d\d
      >>
      >>\d standing for a digit
      >>
      >>from NotetabPro folder

      >Those are incremental backup files saved by NoteTab.

      Yes, they are old backup files generated by NoteTab *during
      installation.*

      >They used to be saved during upgrades so that you wouldn't lose
      >your old stuff.

      True. Backups are still made, but they are put in Backup
      folders. Look in the Libraries and Templates folders. The
      folders are automatically made when the file types are installed
      (by option). An example would be to start the install, but
      uncheck the Libraries and Templates folder when you are prompt.
      No backup files would be made, nor would any Libraries or
      Templates installed.

      >Now you have a choice at installation so they shouldn't be a
      >problem unless you have the
      >
      >OPTIONS>FILES>BACKUP TYPE set to incremental.

      That option is for files being worked on when you have the Make
      Backups feature check. There are 3 options as to what the
      extension is Used.

      http://www.notetab.net