Re: [Clip] Clipbar.ctb file on a shared netword drive

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2002
      Glen,

      At 09:44 AM 1/28/02 -0500, you wrote:
      >I have also done some other testing with inserting the following in
      >the Notepro.ini file
      >
      >ClipbarName=g:\nscdocs\equip\120\EMD_Clipbar.ctb
      >
      >This worked fine, but it only worked once. When you start up NoteTab
      >Pro again it does not run the Clipbar and if you check the
      >Notepro.ini file the ClipbarName field is blank.
      >
      >Is there a way to have this stay in the Notepro.ini file so it works
      >this way all the time or is this a small bug in NoteTab Pro.

      There are no bugs in NoteTab Pro - It is perfect!!!! :-)

      The only solution to trying to do this would be to write protect the
      NoteTab.ini file.

      However your losses would probably exceed your gains.

      When NoteTab opens it looks to see what is in the %Path%\NoteTab\ Libraries
      folder and that is how it knows what Clip libraries and Clipbars are
      available. When you close NoteTab it updates the .ini file.

      Here are a few approaches that come to mind that might work for you.

      Try using the "farclip" command to call your Clip Library and ClipBar

      Put the Entire NoteTab Directory on the Server and create shortcuts on each
      users desktop. If you do this, it would be a good Idea to leave a
      NoteTab.ini file on the users computer and have them open NoteTab with
      their own .ini file.(in the desktop shortcut link) You should probably have
      each .ini file allow multiple instances.

      Write a clip (or get help on the Clips list) to automatically update the
      library file/folder on each client if it needs it.
      I think this could probably be done using the "on open" command to compare
      library file creation dates and would be completely automatic. I would
      imagine it would be best to Map the Server Directory on all Clients to make
      it easier to define your pathing.

      Just some thoughts,

      Jim