[Clip] Re: Question regarding handling of numeric values....

  • hpaulissen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2002
      --- In ntb-clips@y..., Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
      > Hi Hugo, Alan, carnovore2001, and Others,
      >
      > >> I've tried to assign a value = "001" when I let notepad
      > >> increase the value it shows "2" but i want it to show "002"....
      > >> Does anyone know if I can do that with notepad ?
      > >
      > >Alan C. Answered this one before... He wrote:
      >
      > Thanks, I missed the posting while I was sick I guess and
      > strangely enough, it is not in my mailboxes which go pretty far
      > back. (I forgot to add the "R" in my other post to find data and
      > set it in a variable also. Thanks for the backup Hugo - you do
      > quite well at that! :)

      Jody,

      sorry I misled you... Alan C. answered this one before, but he didn't
      react on this particular question <g>. I used Yahoo's search to find
      posts on leading zeros, since I knew this topic had been handled a
      while back...

      6392 of 8085 |
      From: "Alan C." <acummings@s...>
      Date: Sun Apr 29, 2001 9:38 pm
      Subject: Re: [Clip] Calc result

      Bye,

      Hugo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 28, 2002
        Hi Hugo, Alan, and All,

        The Clips below automatically adjusts for amount of zeros, lets
        you add a "suffix" after the numbers, and some other features.
        Don't no where my older one is so I built a new one complete with
        gadgets and toys, bells and whistles too. It's a bit bigger than
        one line Hugo, ;), but as always, feel free to play with it. If
        you have problems with long lines I added the two Clips below to
        my nnnLines Library which has a number of working (hopefully;)
        examples of number lines using different code. The second Clip was
        already in the Library; it removes line numbers.

        Version 4.6 or higher required.
        Last updated on 01-28-2002, 10:31pm, jody
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/nnnlines.zip

        Get more Clips, Libraries... at:
        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
        http://www.notetab.net

        <--- Copy below this line --->
        H=001...NNN
        ; Last updated 01-28-2002, Sojourner@..., jody
        ; http://www.notetab.net
        ; Numbers line with leading zeros in the focused or new doc.

        ^!Set %Do%=^?[Number which &file=_Focused|New Document]
        ^!Set %LineNum%=^?[&Line number to start at=_1|]
        ^!Set %Num%=^?[Number to &start at=_1|]
        ^!Set %EndNum%=^?[&Number to stop at]
        ^!Set %Char%=^?[Enter or select &character(s) after number=space^= |_period and space^=. |Colon and space^=: ]
        ^!Set %EndNum%=^$Calc(^%EndNum%+1)$
        ^!Set %Stop%=^$StrSize("^%EndNum%")$
        ^!Set %Zeros%=^$StrFill("0";^%EndNum%)$
        ^!Jump ^%LineNum%
        ^!IfSame "^%Do%" "Focused" Skip_2
        ^!Toolbar New Document
        ^!Goto NewDoc

        :Loop
        ^!InsertText ^$StrCopyRight("^%Zeros%^%Num%";^%Stop%)$^%Char%
        ^!Inc %Num%
        ^!If ^%Num% = ^%EndNum% End
        ^!Jump +1
        ^!IfSame "^%Do%" "Focused" Loop
        ^!Goto Loop

        :NewDoc
        ^!InsertText ^$StrCopyRight("^%Zeros%^%Num%";^%Stop%)$^%Char%^p
        ^!Inc %Num%
        ^!If ^%Num% = ^%EndNum% End
        ^!Goto NewDoc

        H=Remove Numbers
        ; Last updated on 12-24-2000, (01-28-2002) Sojourner@..., jody
        ; http://www.notetab.net

        ^!Jump 1
        ^!Replace "{\d+^?[Enter format used after number a period and space is shown=. ]}" >> "" WARTS
        ; needed for some versions of NoteTab before bug was fixed.
        ; ^!Replace "{\n\d+^?[Enter format used after number a period and space is shown=. ]}" >> "\n" SRWAT

        <--- Copy above this line, right --->
        <--- click over a Library, and --->
        <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

        http://www.notetab.net