Re: [Clip] label

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2002
      Hi Guy,

      >I am a beginner to write clips. As a example I write the clip below.

      Nice Clip for a beginner. ;)

      >Euros/Francs
      >;convertisseur euros<=>francs
      >:Encore
      >^!Set %choix%=^?[Monnaie à convertir =_Euro^=1|Franc^=2]
      >^!Set %Montant%=^?[Quel montant =1]
      >^!Set %euro%=6.55957
      >^!if ^%choix%=1 Eurfr ELSE Freur
      >;^!if ^%choix%=2 Freur

      >I'm surprised that the code ^!GoTo Encore does not work as i
      >thought, it return to the last label used.

      Actually, it is going to that label. What is confusing you is
      that the square brackets in your case will only be acted upon one
      time, so you are not seeing the wizard again. Use braces to see
      the difference.

      >Another question : if the first line is ^!Prompt Welcome i
      >observe that the prompt is executed after the second ^!Set. Why ?

      That is because bracketed wizards is one of the first things to
      be evaluated and executed. You Clip is "stalling" at the square
      bracket line until you press OK.

      Click on Help and then Clipbook Programming or whatever it says,
      then on "Clip Language - Introduction". Scroll down till you get
      to the parsing sequence. That should help you greatly!

      I also go over that in my Clip Class in detail:

      http://www.notetab.net/clipclass.zip

      Lesson & Assignment Two
      · Types of Wizards
      · Parts of Wizards