Having a column one colon in a template

  • phat920
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 17, 2001
      I'd like to have a template for Windows BAT files that ends up with a
      first line of:

      :: dd-mmm-yy some-comment-text-input-by-the-user

      The first two lines of my template file are:

      = DocTemplate ClipCode "%0.1d.bat"
      ?? ^$GetDate(dd-mmm-yy)$ ^?[Bat Comment]

      with the "??" denoting what I have not been able to figure out -
      namely, how to "quote" a column one colon so that NoteTab Pro 4.85
      ignores it/emits a colon. I've also tried ^%COLON% with no success -
      the entire line disappears, probably because NoteTab considers it to
      be a label.)
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2002
        Hi phat920,

        Sorry for the late posting of your message that is explained in
        another post somewhere. ;)

        Escape the colon with a colon; it works in a Clip in NoteTab so
        it should work for your bat file.

        :: ^$GetDate(dd-mmm-yy)$ ^?[Bat Comment]

        >I'd like to have a template for Windows BAT files that ends up
        >with a first line of:
        >
        >:: dd-mmm-yy some-comment-text-input-by-the-user
        >
        >The first two lines of my template file are:
        >
        >= DocTemplate ClipCode "%0.1d.bat"
        >?? ^$GetDate(dd-mmm-yy)$ ^?[Bat Comment]
        >
        >with the "??" denoting what I have not been able to figure out -
        >namely, how to "quote" a column one colon so that NoteTab Pro
        >4.85 ignores it/emits a colon. I've also tried ^%COLON% with no
        >success -the entire line disappears, probably because NoteTab
        >considers it to be a label.)

        http://www.notetab.net

      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 28, 2002
          On 12/17/01 4:13 AM, phat920 wrote:

          >I'd like to have a template for Windows BAT files that ends up with a
          >first line of:
          >
          >:: dd-mmm-yy some-comment-text-input-by-the-user
          >
          >The first two lines of my template file are:
          >
          >= DocTemplate ClipCode "%0.1d.bat"
          >?? ^$GetDate(dd-mmm-yy)$ ^?[Bat Comment]

          Hey phat,

          I got curious about the difficulty with your template. Thought I would
          try to solve it. Here's the result.

          = DocTemplate ClipCode "%0.1d.bat"
          ^!InsertCode :: ^$GetDate(dd-mmm-yy)$ ^?[Bat Comment]

          This is an example first line when using ^!InsertCode.

          :: 28-Jan-02 This is where the Bat Comment goes!

          hrs
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 28, 2002
            Hi Harvey,

            I think I misunderstood the question and did think about
            ^!InsertCode, but said, nah, that is not what he wants. :) As
            always, thanks for the backup. I've been running a "loosing"
            steak lately.