[Clip] Auto save and name

  • Markus Dahm
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2002
      Hi all,
      here is the monster clip with a single function: save a doc. But maybe
      you can use it and someone wants to integrate it in a more sophisticated
      clip.
      Thanks for your help

      Markus

      H="Auto Save And Name"
      ;Save current document in "...\desktop" with first line as title without
      prompt
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      ^!Select EOL
      ^!Set %name%=^$GetSelection$
      ;define your path in the following line
      ^!Save AS "C:\Windows\Desktop\^%name%.txt"
      ; -------end----------------

      H="Auto Save And Name with prompt"
      ;save current document with first line as title, ask for several paths
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      ^!Select EOL
      ^!Set %name%=^$GetSelection$
      ;define your paths/names in the following long line
      ^!Save AS ^?{Save as=_C:\Windows\Desktop\^%name%.txt|C:\Windows\Program
      Files\NoteTab Pro\Documents\^%name%.txt|C:\Windows\Desktop\Readme.txt}
      ; -------end----------------
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2002
        Hi Markus,

        I'm glad something worked out for you. Thanks for sharing your outcome.

        >^!Select EOL

        If you keep wordwrap on and if first line to be captured is VERY long (long
        enough that it wraps prior to its *real* end of line c/r l/f) my shared
        discoverings on that follow:

        when capturing that first line for me (using select EOL), the captured
        result was truncated at the point in NoteTab where it had wrapped

        so if my wordwrap was on and my first line was long enough: then to
        capture the **entire** first line I found that following worked

        ^!SetWordWrap OFF

        then the clip's content then

        ^!SetWordWrap ON

        Regards. Alan.
      • Markus Dahm
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2002
          Hi Alan,

          Good idea to test the clip under certain conditions. I will add your
          suggestion, looks (and works) better. Unlike my last posting: seems that
          Outlook deleted the cr's in my mail.

          Thanks again

          Markus