[Clip] Re: Writing a clip with multiple selections

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16 9:31 PM
      Hi xena,

      >> ^!Find "Criteria" [Options]
      >>^!InsertText <Your text>^%nl%^$GetSelection$^%nl%</Your text>
      >>Think about Select/Copy/Cut/Clear All and $GetClipBoard$ as well.

      >If I use all of the above together, and NoteTab allows me to select
      >text more than once during the running of the clip, I've got it made.
      >I'll try this as soon as I'm done reading in here. :)

      By now you probably found out that you can select text in a doc as
      many times as you want in a clip, you just cannot select say a
      paragraph and skip one, then another, then run the clip.

      >I was hoping I could tell it to select one paragraph at a time (with
      >an option to tell it how many of each kind of paragraph there is in
      >each file) and do a specific action to each one or each group of
      >paragraphs. I still haven't given up on getting NoteTab to do this. :)

      Look in Example 4.6 or whatever it is called this beta and look for
      the clips that show the delimiter examples. They are by the array
      clips. There is one there that you can pick what paragraph you want
      to select by number.

      NoteTab sees a paragraph as any line with at least one character up to
      the first hard line break. Say you have a line that is 500 characters
      long and word wrap is one. There will not be any hard breaks in the
      line but it will be wrapped at the window width for each line.

      You can see this better with the command Select Paragraph. Make two
      long paragraphs. Make one with the lines joined, no hard breaks in
      it. The other format it so that it has hard breaks preferably shorter
      lines than your window size so it is easier to see. Put your cursor
      over the first paragraph and run the clip below. then do it on the
      second paragraph.

      H=Select Paragraph
      ^!Select Paragraph

      You can select a paragraph that has a blank line above and below it
      and be sure to get all real paragraphs whether they have hard breaks
      or not by running this. Notice you can keep selecting text over and
      over.

      H=Show Paragraph
      :Loop
      ^!Find "^p^p" S
      ^!IfError End
      ^!Jump Select_End
      ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:1
      ^!Find "^p^p" S
      ^!SelectTo ^%Start%
      ^!Info ^$GetSelection$^p^pCtrl+Alt to Abort^p
      ^!Goto Loop

      >>The clip could select text itself, following some rule, using
      >>the ^!Select command. After that, ^$GetSelection$ can be used
      >>in the same manner as ^&.

      >I'm still very new to how those commands are used. Can I just create
      >a clip with one of those commands in it, run it, watch what it does
      >and then add to it (for instance inserting text after the command
      >runs, etc.)?

      See above. :)

      Happy NoteTabbin',
      Jody Adair