Re: [Clip] Text block ea line inserts html formatter clip

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2001
      Hi

      Here's a more "down to earth" clip for the task.

      H="txt_blk_rplac_<br><p>"
      ; Last edited:Friday, 28 December 2001
      ; Alan Cummings
      ^!Skip Text must be selected.^%NL%^%NL%Is your text selected?
      ^!Goto end
      ^!InsertHtml <p>^&</P>
      ^!Replace "^p^p" >> "</p>^p^p<p>" AHIS
      ^!Replace "^p" >> "<br />^p" AHIS
      ^!Replace "<br />^p<br />" >> "^p" AHIS
      ; ---<end<<

      Regards. Alan.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2001
        Hi Alan C.,

        I was away and don't have the time to go through everything, but
        the following did not seem to be mentioned.

        Go to Options | Internet and check the box XHTML and I suppose
        Use lower case. The following is from Help till I pick it up
        again...

        Highlight HTML Tags: When enabled, any document with an HTML
        extension (listed in the HTML File Extensions list) will
        highlight HTML tags. Turning this option off will increase the
        speed of screen updating (only noticeable on slower systems). If
        the default extension (see File Filters tab) corresponds to an
        HTML extension, then new documents will also automatically
        highlight HTML tags. This setting is only available in NoteTab
        Pro.

        Create XHTML Tags: When checked, produces tags based on the W3C
        recommendations for XHTML.

        Create Uppercase Tags: When checked, produces tags with element
        and attribute names in uppercase. When unchecked, they are
        rendered in lowercase. When grayed, case is not modified (useful
        when dealing with XML files).

        Create Lowercase URLs: Uncheck this option if you want NoteTab to
        preserve the character case of URLs inserted into HTML documents.
        When checked, URLs are converted to lowercase.

        ----

        After that, all the Clips, Document to HTML, Change HTML Tags,
        selected or unselected text, and so on will be done in XHTML.

        >H=";text_block_<br>"
        >; Last edited:Thursday, 27 December 2001
        >; Alan Cummings

        http://www.notetab.net

      • Alan C.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2002
          Hi Jody,

          >I was away and don't have the time to go through everything,

          I have in a doc in NoteTab is a block of text with the following
          characteristics: 1. multiple paragraphs 2. a blank line is each paragraph
          delimiter/separator.

          Task: format/convert that text block into html and retain the block's

          I had then written the clip for such task. And, my primary focus of this
          thread was to: just sharing my clip - that's all that happened.

          But in the 1st clip's design, I somewhat overshot the obvious. So my 2nd
          post contained the more practical "down to earth" version of the clip.

          Oops I didn't shortly and concisely state my purpose in the first sentence
          of the very first post. Sorry.

          >but
          >the following did not seem to be mentioned.

          Thanks. I found it helpful.

          Regards. Alan.