Re: [Clip] re: refinements to bookmark clip

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 14, 2001
      Hi Jonathan,

      >(Jody, I think you have a technical support person's virus
      >whereby if someone asks more than one question, you can only
      >reply to the first question they asked. I have met this behaviour
      >many times, but only it only seems to infect technical support
      >people ;-) )

      I can assure you that I do have that virus, although not near as
      bad as you make it sound. ;) It comes from getting 5 page
      messages that could be trimmed down to a one line question. I
      would have to spend 60 hours a day answering eMail if I read
      everything. I scan and answer the obvious for the most part
      focusing on keywords rather than the question(s). Perhaps I will
      get a message back every 25th one or so saying I missed a
      question or misinterpreted what they asked. The latter normally
      comes though because I truly did misunderstand rather than just
      glimpsing at the question. I am a bit slower doing support mail
      though than list mail - priorities ya know. ;)

      >it goes like this:
      >
      >^!set %whattodo%=^?[(H=5)Go to?==^$GetValue(Bookmark:One)$|Bookmark
      >2|Bookmark 3|Bookmark 4|Bookmark 5]; %clearit%=^?[Clear Bookmark?
      >==_Clear^=|Keep^=_]

      A simpler way than an array is to use a wizard like this:

      %whattodo%=^?[(H=5)Go to?==1^=^$GetValue(Bookmark:One)$|2^=Bookmark
      2|3^=Bookmark 3|4^=Bookmark 4|...]

      I think everything you are trying to do and more is in my
      BookMark Library or at least samples of it. I know it is more
      fun and educational though doing it yourself and you get exactly
      what you want. ;)

      http://www.notetab.net/zip/bookmark.zip

      I don't think I use a wizard in it, because my thinking was to
      just click once to set, goto, or clear a bookmark or clear all
      bookmarks. I use NoteTab's bookmarks and hard coded into the
      document which I would use if I used bookmarks, but I don't,
      so... ;)

      http://www.notetab.net