Re: [Clip] Re: No output from $GetDosOutput(...)$

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 11, 2001
      Hi Jim,

      >And I would add another red flag to this discussion of $GetDosOutput()$.
      >One of my machines required that I disable my Norton Antivirus program
      >before the command would work. I don't know or care why but am just stating
      >my experience.

      It's quite true that antivirus programs can interfere with these console
      processes. Thanks for mentioning this.

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes

    • Roger P Neyman
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 11, 2001
        "Alan C." <acummings@...> wrote (in part) :

        > I noticed in the NTP Utilities clip library there's a FC clip.
        > It uses the DOS output to file instead of using NoteTab to capture the
        output.
        > The file is then opened in NoteTab. It's quick I was surprised how fast
        on
        > a couple small files that I tested.

        So that's what I did and it works (on Win2K):

        DiffThis
        ^!SET %curFile%="^$GetDocName$"
        ^!SET %bakFile%="^$GetPath(^%curFile%)$^$GetName(^%curFile%)$.bak"
        ^!SET %difFile%="^$GetPath(^%curFile%)$^$GetName(^%curFile%)$.dif"
        ^!DOS FC /N /L /T "^%curFile%" "^?{Compare to=^%bakFIle%}" >"^%difFile%"
        2>&1
        ^!Wait
        ^!Open ^%difFile%

        Thanks