Re: [Clip] Re: No output from $GetDosOutput(...)$

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 11, 2001
      And I would add another red flag to this discussion of $GetDosOutput()$.
      One of my machines required that I disable my Norton Antivirus program
      before the command would work. I don't know or care why but am just stating
      my experience.

      Jim Lowry

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 11, 2001
        Hi Jim,

        >And I would add another red flag to this discussion of $GetDosOutput()$.
        >One of my machines required that I disable my Norton Antivirus program
        >before the command would work. I don't know or care why but am just stating
        >my experience.

        It's quite true that antivirus programs can interfere with these console
        processes. Thanks for mentioning this.

        Regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes

      • Roger P Neyman
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 11, 2001
          "Alan C." <acummings@...> wrote (in part) :

          > I noticed in the NTP Utilities clip library there's a FC clip.
          > It uses the DOS output to file instead of using NoteTab to capture the
          output.
          > The file is then opened in NoteTab. It's quick I was surprised how fast
          on
          > a couple small files that I tested.

          So that's what I did and it works (on Win2K):

          DiffThis
          ^!SET %curFile%="^$GetDocName$"
          ^!SET %bakFile%="^$GetPath(^%curFile%)$^$GetName(^%curFile%)$.bak"
          ^!SET %difFile%="^$GetPath(^%curFile%)$^$GetName(^%curFile%)$.dif"
          ^!DOS FC /N /L /T "^%curFile%" "^?{Compare to=^%bakFIle%}" >"^%difFile%"
          2>&1
          ^!Wait
          ^!Open ^%difFile%

          Thanks