Re: Open URL in new browser

  • hpaulissen
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2001
      Hi Frank,

      This works for IE, with a slight change it should work for the other
      browsers as well...

      ^!FocusAPP "*Microsoft Internet Explorer"
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+N
      ^!URL www.anotherpage.com

      Hugo

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2001
        Hi Hugo & tf,

        Did you make a new INI file when you installed ntp486c5wp.exe? I
        will test, because Eric changed a number of the default settings,
        but they won't show up unless a new INI file is made.

        To hard code a new browser window insert the following under the
        [Options] section in NoteTab's INI file. (Yes, it is undocumented;)

        NewBrowserWindow=1

        You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab. Simply save the file
        with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front
        of it and restart NoteTab. I have not tried in a long time, but
        it use to be that certain browsers would open a new window if the
        Ctrl (?) key was held down while clicking the button. (Check out
        Custom Launch/Launch Document also - they are one in the same. <g>)
        Speaking of, uh, things that need to be... never mind...
        Eric says that Ctrl+Shift+Alt works better than just Ctrl+Alt to
        stop a wild running Clip. He said he forgot why he added it with
        a grin and I cannot tell a difference. I think he is "pulling my
        leg." ;)

        http://www.notetab.net

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2001
          Hi Hugo & tf,

          >Did you make a new INI file when you installed ntp486c5wp.exe? I
          >will test, because Eric changed a number of the default settings,
          >but they won't show up unless a new INI file is made.

          Ignore that. It is in one of my PasteBack FAQs that I changed "by
          accident,?" it is not suppose to be there. :)

          http://www.notetab.net