Open URL in new browser

  • thefrankwmx
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2001
      I have 3 browser windows open and minimized. I want to use

      ^!URL www.somepage.com

      to open somepage in a fourth default browser window but it simply
      reloads the third with the new URI.

      What can be done?

      TIA (you smart people...)

      tf
    • hpaulissen
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2001
        Hi Frank,

        This works for IE, with a slight change it should work for the other
        browsers as well...

        ^!FocusAPP "*Microsoft Internet Explorer"
        ^!Keyboard CTRL+N
        ^!URL www.anotherpage.com

        Hugo

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2001
          Hi Hugo & tf,

          Did you make a new INI file when you installed ntp486c5wp.exe? I
          will test, because Eric changed a number of the default settings,
          but they won't show up unless a new INI file is made.

          To hard code a new browser window insert the following under the
          [Options] section in NoteTab's INI file. (Yes, it is undocumented;)

          NewBrowserWindow=1

          You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab. Simply save the file
          with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front
          of it and restart NoteTab. I have not tried in a long time, but
          it use to be that certain browsers would open a new window if the
          Ctrl (?) key was held down while clicking the button. (Check out
          Custom Launch/Launch Document also - they are one in the same. <g>)
          Speaking of, uh, things that need to be... never mind...
          Eric says that Ctrl+Shift+Alt works better than just Ctrl+Alt to
          stop a wild running Clip. He said he forgot why he added it with
          a grin and I cannot tell a difference. I think he is "pulling my
          leg." ;)

          http://www.notetab.net

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2001
            Hi Hugo & tf,

            >Did you make a new INI file when you installed ntp486c5wp.exe? I
            >will test, because Eric changed a number of the default settings,
            >but they won't show up unless a new INI file is made.

            Ignore that. It is in one of my PasteBack FAQs that I changed "by
            accident,?" it is not suppose to be there. :)

            http://www.notetab.net