Re: [Clip] executing clips within ntp dialog box

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2001
      Hi Ray,

      >^!Set %data%=^?{Search &Disk Criteria=_Selected text^=^$GetSelection$|^%data%}
      >
      >When one line of code has three equal signs like this one, what
      >is the order of execution and what data is being stored into
      >which variable(s)? What is the significance of the ampersand in
      >"&Disk"?

      These happen in the order I have them according to the Help file.
      I think I covered them all and got it all correct. <g> Look in
      Clip Language - Introduction under Parsing and evaluation
      sequence if you misplace the chart. As away until you get use to
      reading the chart though.

      1. Variables resolved (from right to left)
      a. ^%data% in this case
      3. Functions resolved (from right to left)
      a. ^$GetSelection$ in this case
      4. Clip wizard based on ^?{...} fields in line displayed
      a. & sign in front of Disk causes the "D" to be underlined for Shortcut (Alt+D)
      b. ^= is used to display a tip about what is actually being evaluated (data on
      the right such as ^$GetSelection$. It can also be used for when multiple
      functions are desired in the Clip.
      c. ^?{Search &Disk Criteria... pops up
      d. Default value (_) Selected text is showing in field
      5. Clip Command executed
      a. I suppose that leaves us waiting on user to do something :-)
      b. If OK is clicked with default, then %data% gets set to the text selected, if any
      c. If Cancel is clicked, then the script ends unless the ^!IfCancel code is there
      d. If the field for data input is double clicked, the contents of %data% set in *a*
      previous line comes in view in the input field. Assuming OK is clicked, %data%
      will be reset do to the command ^!Set.

      Parsing and evaluation sequence

      A. Whole Clip

      1. Comments removed
      2. Date fields evaluated ^[...^] (old format)
      3. Text selection inserted if ^& found
      4. ^!CONTINUE command executed if on first line
      5. Clip wizard based on ^?[...] fields displayed
      6. Mathematical fields evaluated ^$[...] (old format)

      B. Line by line

      1. Variables resolved (from right to left)
      2. Document name using ^*, ^**, ^#, ^## codes resolved

      http://www.notetab.net