Re: [Clip] clip to change Explorer view to focused file?

    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 3, 2001
      Hi Jonathon,

      If you have an older copy of Windows installed like W95 look for
      Tips.txt in the Windows folder. It has a number of examples to
      open Windows Explorer from an application using the format of
      what Alan posted below. ...and yes, I have posted something
      similar to this post a few times along with others. :-)

      >Here's the part of the picture that I know.
      >
      > > I'm wondering if anyone has done a clip that will open a window
      > > in Windows Explorer to show the current focused file in Notetab?
      >
      >^!Set %Dirname%=^$GetPath(^**)$
      >^!Shell explorer.exe /n,/e, ^%Dirname%

      http://www.notetab.net

    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 3, 2001
        Hi All:

        > ^!FocusApp Exploring - ^$StrDeleteRight(^$GetPath(^**)$;1)$
        I hadn't really focused on this (pun intendended;-) but ...

        in Folder Options - View [x] Display full path in title bar : I think this
        value has to be taken into account when running these clips (right?)

        It may explain why some of the examples didn't work for me - I'll have to go
        back and check. I suspect a generic solution (for the non-clip programmer
        (basically me!) has to either interrogate the registry or test one then the
        other.

        We'd better watch out - if Bill Gates finds us cooperatively programming
        like this he may put a curse on our 'puters.

        Regards ... Alec