Re: clip to change Explorer view to focused file?

  • Tyrell_RR@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 3, 2001
      Hi All

      Variable delay:

      Shell Explorer OR Keyboard ALT+D ... CTRL+V ENTER
      ; ---
      ^!Delay 1
      ^!FocusApp Exploring - ^$StrDeleteRight(^$GetPath(^**)$;1)$
      ^!IfError SKIP_-2
      ; ---
      (swith to files plane after opening new explorer)
      ^!Keyboard TAB
      Or (select filename after adress bar paste)
      ^!Keyboard TAB TAB TAB #^$GetFileName(^**)$#

      This delay should (?) work on any system, slow or fast
      Adjust FocusApp to match you windows version

      ---
      About Keyboard ALT+F4 to exit Explorer: yes, there are some
      applications that do not exactly what you'd expect. Especially system-
      based tools such as Explorer, Find etc. tend to ignore these keyboard-
      strings. I think you'll habve to live with the workarounds...
      ---
      Tnx Hugo

      ...Tyrell...
    • Jonathan Woodbridge
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 3, 2001
        Reading the improvements on the clip I put together, I've tried Hugo's clip
        with Tyrell's variable delay and it works very nicely indeed. Thanks to all
        who've contributed.

        Jonathan
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 3, 2001
          Hi Jonathon,

          If you have an older copy of Windows installed like W95 look for
          Tips.txt in the Windows folder. It has a number of examples to
          open Windows Explorer from an application using the format of
          what Alan posted below. ...and yes, I have posted something
          similar to this post a few times along with others. :-)

          >Here's the part of the picture that I know.
          >
          > > I'm wondering if anyone has done a clip that will open a window
          > > in Windows Explorer to show the current focused file in Notetab?
          >
          >^!Set %Dirname%=^$GetPath(^**)$
          >^!Shell explorer.exe /n,/e, ^%Dirname%

          http://www.notetab.net

        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 3, 2001
            Hi All:

            > ^!FocusApp Exploring - ^$StrDeleteRight(^$GetPath(^**)$;1)$
            I hadn't really focused on this (pun intendended;-) but ...

            in Folder Options - View [x] Display full path in title bar : I think this
            value has to be taken into account when running these clips (right?)

            It may explain why some of the examples didn't work for me - I'll have to go
            back and check. I suspect a generic solution (for the non-clip programmer
            (basically me!) has to either interrogate the registry or test one then the
            other.

            We'd better watch out - if Bill Gates finds us cooperatively programming
            like this he may put a curse on our 'puters.

            Regards ... Alec