Re: [Clip] Explorer won't close ???

  • Hans-Guenter Mueller
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2001
      Hi Tyrell,

      > Thinking to making a as small as posible "open document in explorer"
      > clip, I run into the problem of closing the current explorer window.

      I dont understand, why you want to close one (!) Explorer-Window,
      may be, there are several open, you match the fist as luck would have it

      What do you think about my idea: (needs 3 lines summarized)

      ; Bring the required - not any Explorer-Window to the front if it already exists:
      ; I prevent opening more than one Window for each Folder.
      ^!Set %Dirname%=^$StrDeleteRight(^$GetPath(^**)$;1)$
      ; The begin of the window title must match the language Version:
      ; It works in german here with:
      ;^!FocusApp "Explorer - ^%Dirname%"
      ; dont know: matches the following line the international version?
      ^!FocusApp "Exploring - ^%Dirname%"
      ^!IfError Next Else End
      ; If no matching Explorer-Window exists we open a new one using Tyrell's update
      ;^!Shell explorer.exe /e,/select,"^**"

      Regards,
      Hans-G√ľnter
    • Tyrell_RR@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
        Hi Hans

        > I dont understand, why you want to close one (!) Explorer-Window,
        > may be, there are several open, you match the fist as luck would
        > have it

        Well, I did not get to the part to test and close any other open
        explorer windows (bad idee anyway, If there is a explorer window you
        don't want to be closed).

        I realy like the /select feature so that the requested document gets
        selected, but that don't work with a already open explorer window. So
        I make a clip that will select the requested document in a already
        open explorer window, but it was slower than just opening a new
        window. So I tryed [close old][open new], and got stuck on that
        closing problem ;(

        > What do you think about my idea: (needs 3 lines summarized)

        > ^!Set %Dirname%=^$StrDeleteRight(^$GetPath(^**)$;1)$
        > ^!FocusApp "Exploring - ^%Dirname%"
        > ^!IfError Next Else End
        > ^!Shell explorer.exe /e,/select,"^**"

        Not bad, I did not think about looking for a explorer that already is
        focused on the target directory.

        I think I stick to only using
        ^!Shell explorer.exe /e,/select,"^**"
        and leave the closing to my mouse.