Search for unmatched quotes

  • Mark L. Woods
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2001
      Hello Everyone,

      I'm getting ready to edit and re-flow (paragraph wise) some rather
      long stories, containing dialog.

      While editing, I'm going to want to try and check for unmatched
      quotes around the dialog, where the dialog starts with quotes ("),
      but the end of the dialog/paragraph does not have them. I was to add
      them as needed, but want to run a search of the file quickly to
      repair this problem.

      Is this possible using a clip or searching with regex? Has anyone
      done something like this that could share?

      Thanks.

      Mark L. Woods
      Saint Louis, Missouri USA