Re: [Clip] Exiting from DOS

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2001
      Hi Mark,

      >after execution. If you use ^!Shell instead of ^!Dos then it will
      >leave the DOS window open.
      >
      >It would be really nice if I could control the exit from my PKZip2.50
      >for DOS so I can see the result report in DOS before exiting back to

      I like use a batch file which when used to launch a dos window it leaves
      the dos window open until I "press any key on the keyboard to close the dos
      window."

      I found the batch file by accident when I was experimenting with running
      Perl scripts via NoteTab

      I had went to a certain portion of the clip repository:

      http://www.notetab.com/scripting.htm

      and I downloaded PerlDe.zip written by Jason Waugh.

      if you choose to try it out, here's what worked for me:

      Upon unzip the file PerlDe.zip, one of the resultant files is named
      launch.bat which lets you close the dos window by "pressing any key." But
      first, that batch file must be used to open the dos window. Here's how I
      do it when I run a Perl script:

      ^!Shell "^$GetLibraryPath$launch.bat" "^$GetPerlExe$ ^$GetShort("^**")$"

      cannot getpkzip.exe, so, the getperlexe portion should be replaced by your
      normal what you use for your pkzip.exe

      the ^$GetShort("^**")$ portion wouldn't be needed since you are not
      launching a script that consists of the current document.

      my best guess would be 2 parameters, each parameter inside quotes:

      ^!Shell "^$GetLibraryPath$launch.bat" "pkzip"

      Alan.
    • Mark Halsall
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
        Hi Jody & AlanC,

        ^!ShellWait is a vast improvement, many thanks. I did try ^!Wait
        without success. AlanC's "press any key" may be the ultimate
        solution, but I'm happy to settle for Alt+F4 to close the DOS window.
        Main thing is that you see the window on top, and are forced to close
        the window before clip continues.

        BTW seems that (Help|Search for Help On ...|Index) lists neither
        ^!Shell nor ^!ShellWait - at least not directly.

        MarkH

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
          Hi Mark,

          >BTW seems that (Help|Search for Help On ...|Index) lists neither
          >^!Shell nor ^!ShellWait - at least not directly.

          There are some commands/functions that do not appear in the Index
          tab, because there is no more room for it using the Help file
          system Eric uses. At least that is my understanding of it.
          Sometimes you need to use Find to get to it.

          http://www.notetab.net