Re: find and replace again

  • Hugo
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2001
      Andrew,

      If you want to use the preset variable %NL%, you have to write it as
      ^%NL%.

      Hugo

      > Finally I'll like to add keywords and descriptions to each page
      >
      > ^!Replace "<meta name="generator" content="MindManager v4.0.81">"
      > >> "%NL%<meta name="Keyword" content="Power tools">" GIWSA
      >
      > but this which is all on one line doesn't work. You'll notice I
      > haven't set this one to regular expressions. I'm not really sure
      > what I'm doing here. I want the metatags on new lines and might
      > follow ht intitial keywords one with a description tag which would
      > be on another new line. How would that work?

    • Hugo
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2001
        Andrew,

        Why do you use a regular expression here? You're only changing plain
        text...

        > ^!Replace "</TITLE>" >> " - Power Tools Software Discussion
        List</TITLE>" GIWRSA

        > this works really well but it begs two questions:-
        > a) can i run a command that says if </title> follows List, don't
        > replace? I wondered about an IF and skip command here.

        You can use conditional statements, there are many ways to construct
        them; here is a very simple example:

        ^!Find "</title> followed by List" [options]
        ^!IfError LABEL1 Else LABEL2
        :LABEL1
        ; if "</title> followed by List" is NOT FOUND...
        ^!Replace "text1" >> "text2" [options]
        :LABEL2
        ; executed in these cases:
        ; 1. "</title> followed by List" is FOUND (LABEL1 is skipped)
        ; 2. after the replacement in LABEL1
        ; ("</title> followed by List" NOT FOUND)

        > b) I think someone once said I could run a clip without opening
        the
        > files each time. I've set screen update currently to off which
        speed
        > things up but I don't really need the files to open to run this
        > script. How does that work?

        As far as I know, there is no way to use SearchDisk in a clip by now.
        You could try fiddling with ^!Keyboard CTRL+D and inserting texts in
        the fields using #...#

        From Help Clip Language - Find / Replace text

        "Use the following commands and functions to search or replace text
        in the active document..."

        Or else you could investigate a function such as StrReplace... You
        would have to find a way to find/identify the textstrings you want to
        have written to file. Use Clip Language Document Management or Clip
        Language - Disk Files for additional information.

        ^$StrReplace("SubStr";"ReplaceStr";"Str";CaseSensitive;WholeWord)$
        Returns a new string with all occurrences of SubStr replaced with
        ReplaceStr according to the settings of the CaseSensitive and
        WholeWord parameters. Tab and line-break tokens are automatically
        converted to their real characters since version 4.6. Example:
        ^$StrReplace("o";"?";"NoteTab Pro";True;False)$ -> N?teTab Pr?

        Hugo