Re: [Clip] find and replace again

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2001
      Andrew
      > ^!Replace "<meta name="generator" content="MindManager v4.0.81">"
      > >> "%NL%<meta name="Keyword" content="Power tools">" GIWSA

      If what you are showing is what you are actually trying to put it in the
      "replace" statement, I'm guessing the quotes may be a problem.
      My recommendation would be to use regular expressions (but with out any
      wildcards ("*" and "+") being required and ESCAPE any characters that have
      special meaning to the regexp engine. eg. if you need to have a quote (") as
      part of the search or replace string use (\") instead.. (If using regexp and
      you want to introduce an extra line feed you can use "\n" to represent it in
      the right-side. Keep plugging with the regexp's and you'll get the Eureka
      moment ;--) I promise!

      If still having problems - try posting a sample showing what you have and
      what you want eg:
      ---start example ----
      this is the original line
      ---- should be changed to ----