Re: [Clip] An Absolute Beginners Question

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2001
      Hi Jim,

      >I was trying to say that it seems as though when I leave blank lines
      >between one clip and the next clip down in my clipbook, the blank lines
      >appear in my document.

      Yes, if you have a clip that just 'pastes' texts in, blank lines are seen
      as part of the text and get pasted in the document. If I understand you
      right you edit your clips by opening the whole library and want the single
      clips separated by more than one bank line? You can kill a clip with the
      command "^!Goto end".
      H="Clip1"
      Blah blah blah ^?[} blah....
      ^!Goto end

      H="Clip2"
      Blah blah ^?[] blah blah

      The blank lines above will still be part of Clip1 but they won't be pasted
      into the document. If you open a single Clip item (right click over it in
      the clipbook window and choose "Edit Clip") you can see the blank lines
      are still there.

      Another way would be to comment the lines out by putting a semicolon in the
      beginning of each one of them. You need to keep one blank line untouched to
      separate the Clips from each other though.

      Bye,
      Lotta