Re: [Clip] how can you run a clip with a hot-key?

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2001
      Maureen,

      At 01:22 AM 11/3/01 +0000, you wrote:
      >Hi all,
      >
      >Is there a way to assign a keyboard sortcut to make a clip run? I have
      >an automation software that I want to periodically run a process with
      >NoteTab and want to avoid having to mouse click the clip I want to
      >run.
      >
      >If I could assign a clip to a macro that would be great!

      The politically correct answer to your question would be no.

      However if you really want to do this there is a way.
      Whether or not it is practical for you is another question.

      If you create a Clip Library whose Clips have a single letter header (name)
      AND
      You have TOOLS|Auto-replace Mode checked
      THEN
      If that Clip Library is the active library in the ClipBook, typing the
      single letter header followed by an ENTER will cause that clip to be executed.

      For the most part this isn't real practical but for a special situation, it
      might just be the answer.

      You can find more info on Clip Writing in the Help Menu and at:
      http://www.jimbow.com/
      http://www.notetab.net/

      Or by Subscribing to the following:
      The NoteTab Clips List................. ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      The NoteTab ClipsClass List............ ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2001
        Hi Maureen,

        Assigning Clips to keys making a keyboard shortcut is coming in version 5.

        http://www.notetab.net