clip doesn't work on another PC

  • scherbakl@aaa.si.edu
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
      Anyway, I have a baffling problem. I have a simple clip I've written
      that uses parts of other clips. It works on my computer, but when I
      load it on another with the same version of NoteTab Pro (4.86) it
      doesn't work. What do you think the problem is?

      here is the clip:

      ^!Set %Index%=0
      ^!Set %LoopCount%= 24

      :LoopStart

      ;Add one to the value contained in the Index variable
      ;^!Inc %Index%
      ;End Clip if the value contained in Index is greater to the number of
      open documents
      ;^!If ^%Index% > ^$GetDocCount$ End
      ;Activate the specified document
      ;^!SetDocIndex ^%Index%
      ;Ask if user wants to continue Clip
      ^!Continue Document changed (Index = ^%Index%). Continue?
      ;Jump back to the start of the loop
      ;^!GoTo LoopStart

      ^!If ^%LoopCount% >= ^%Index% Next ELSE End
      ^!Inc %Index%

      ; PLACE THE CURSOR ANYWHERE IN THE TEXT YOU WANT TO SELECT AND THEN
      RUN THIS CLIP
      ; LET'S DO IT
      ; FIRST MOVE THE CURSOR TO THE FIRST (
      ^!Find (

      ; NOW MOVE FROM THERE LEFT 2 CHARACTERS. (THE FIRST MOVECURSOR
      COMMAND REMOVES THE SELECTION FOCUS)

      ^!MoveCursor +001
      ^!MoveCursor -002

      ; ESTABLISH CURRENT CURSOR ROW LOCATION
      ^!Set %r%="^$GetRow$"

      ; ESTABLISH CURRENT CURSOR COLUMN LOCATION
      ^!Set %c%="^$GetCol$"

      ; NOW MOVE THE CURSOR TO THE LAST CLOSING )

      ^!Find )

      ; MOVE RIGHT 1 CHARACTER. (THE FIRST MOVECURSOR COMMAND REMOVES THE
      SELECTION FOCUS)
      ^!MoveCursor -001
      ^!MoveCursor +002

      ;^!SetDebug ON
      ; AND EXTEND THE SELECTION TO THE END OF THE TEXT
      ^!SelectTo ^%r%:^%c%

      ; Cut text
      ; Performs cut and paste operations without using the Windows
      Clipboard
      ; If text is selected, NoteTab assumes you want to perform a Cut
      operation. If no text is selected but a Copy or Cut operation has
      been performed beforehand, Notetab will paste the copied text into
      the document
      ^!FocusDoc
      ^!If ^$GetSelSize$ = 0 Next ELSE CutText
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^%KeepText%")$ End
      ^!SetPasteIndent Off
      ^!InsertCode ^%KeepText%
      ^!GoTo End
      :CutText
      ^!SetCode %KeepText%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!InsertText ^%EMPTY%
      ; Save text in new location
      ^!Find </UNITTITLE>
      ^!InsertCode <ABSTRACT>^%KeepText%</ABSTRACT>

      ;^!SetDebug OFF

      ;^!Save

      ^!GoTo LoopStart
      :End

      Loren Scherbak
      Archives of American Art
      Smithsonian Institution
      scherbakl@...
    • scherbakl@aaa.si.edu
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2001
        Never mind. Once I took all the comment lines out. It worked.
        go figure.
        thanks,
        Loren
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2001
          Hi Loren,

          >Never mind. Once I took all the comment lines out. It worked.
          >go figure.

          Really! It may have been one of the commands you had commented out?

          http://www.notetab.net

        • Alan C.
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 7, 2001
            Hi Loren,

            It sometimes can have to do with timing (some events to not happen too soon
            before others have finished processed). for example, sometimes (only at
            critical spot inside the clip) needs the

            ^!Delay 3

            or slightly higher or lower number than 3

            I had meant to test your clip on my machine. But I have been rather busy
            lately and didn't get to it.

            Glad you got it working.

            Alan.