Re: [Clip] Re: An Absolute Beginners Question

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2001
      Hi Jim,

      Behavior often will be different based upon whether or not your clip's line
      of code be prefaced with a command or not.

      a command starts with ^!

      ^!InsertText

      ^!InsertHtml

      ^!InsertCode

      ^!InsertWizardHtml

      thus one of those insert____ commands makes it ignore blank lines within
      the clip.

      ^!InsertText ^?[]
      <blank line>
      <blank line>

      Regards. Alan.
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2001
        Hi Jim,

        >I was trying to say that it seems as though when I leave blank lines
        >between one clip and the next clip down in my clipbook, the blank lines
        >appear in my document.

        Yes, if you have a clip that just 'pastes' texts in, blank lines are seen
        as part of the text and get pasted in the document. If I understand you
        right you edit your clips by opening the whole library and want the single
        clips separated by more than one bank line? You can kill a clip with the
        command "^!Goto end".
        H="Clip1"
        Blah blah blah ^?[} blah....
        ^!Goto end

        H="Clip2"
        Blah blah ^?[] blah blah

        The blank lines above will still be part of Clip1 but they won't be pasted
        into the document. If you open a single Clip item (right click over it in
        the clipbook window and choose "Edit Clip") you can see the blank lines
        are still there.

        Another way would be to comment the lines out by putting a semicolon in the
        beginning of each one of them. You need to keep one blank line untouched to
        separate the Clips from each other though.

        Bye,
        Lotta