Error message when running ^!Dos command.

  • hsavage@shawneelink.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2001
      Error message when running ^!Dos command.

      I have recently started to try running dos programs with NoteTab
      clips. I've never been able to get past this error message.

      "This program cannot be run due to restrictions in effect on this
      computer. Please contact your system administrator."

      Since I'm the only one that uses this computer, and this is a
      private computer, and have not consciously set up any
      restrictions, does any one have an idea what the remedy for this
      is.

      I, very, rarely have need for using ^!Dos but it's part of clip
      language and I would like it to work.

      The ^$GetDosOutput$ functions work and I can run dos at any time,
      in a box, or full screen, so it's a little irritating when trying
      to run ^!Dos from a clip and not get past the error message.

      hrs
    • Piotr Bienkowski
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2001
        On 5 Oct 2001, at 23:37, hsavage@... wrote:

        > I have recently started to try running dos programs with NoteTab
        > clips. I've never been able to get past this error message.
        >
        > "This program cannot be run due to restrictions in effect on this
        > computer. Please contact your system administrator."

        They probably mean Bill Gates ;)

        But seriously, I can't get output from dos commands like dir using
        the GetDosOutput command. This used to work with earlier versions of
        Notetab Pro, but now doesn't. I'm on Windows 95.

        Regards,

        Piotr BieĊ„kowski