Re: [Clip] Re: Backing up files

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2001
      Mark Halsall wrote:

      > Hi Hrs,
      >
      > This does do something and almost works, but it always jumps back into
      > Windows and presents the Save As box (the correct file is in fact
      > zipped but not saved). This happens either if I do it manually or
      > with a clip such as:
      >
      > ^!Dos C:\pkzipw\pkzipw "C:\temp\test.zip" "C:\temp\test.txt"
      >
      > Mark
      >
      > > pkzipw <archive_name.zip> <list of files to compress, separated with
      > spaces>
      >
      > > An example,
      > > pkzipw test.zip file1.doc file2.doc

      Hi Mark,

      Sorry for the delay in answering. I think you may have better
      luck if you use the following command line;

      ^!Shell C:\pkzipw\pkzipw.exe "C:\temp\test.zip"
      "C:\temp\test.txt"

      The command line in your message is at conflict. Pkzipw.exe is a
      windows program yet, you are trying to run it in DOS.

      I tried this but it seems I must have some pkzipw options set up
      wrong. Try looking in your Windows\temp folder for any files you
      have experimented with. That's where pkzipw put my experiments,
      after zipping.

      hrs