Re: [Clip] Get compressed NoteTab Light from TinyApps.Org

  • Stephen Riddle
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2001
      Hi Eric,
      Thank you for this.
      I liked using NoteTab Light before I could get my own computer and it still fit on one disc, I could use it and not clutter up
      someone else's computer.. It was great.
      Thanks
      Stephen

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2001
        Hi Stephen,

        >Thank you for this.
        >I liked using NoteTab Light before I could get my own computer
        >and it still fit on one disc, I could use it and not clutter up
        >someone else's computer.. It was great.

        Nice new installer too, eh? ;)

        >> Eric G.V. Fookes
        >> Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Album Express
        >> <http://www.fookes.com/>http://www.fookes.com/ and <http://www.notetab.com/>http://www.notetab.com/

        http://www.notetab.net

      • Lotta
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2001
          Hi Stephen,

          >Thank you for this.
          >I liked using NoteTab Light before I could get my own computer and it
          >still fit on one disc, I could use it and not clutter up someone else's
          >computer.. It was great.

          Then I have i tip for you. Notetab Pro fits nicely on floppy if you
          compress the executable. My notetab.exe is 632 kB. That leaves enough space
          on a floppy for support files and important libraries and even some clip bars.

          Lotta
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2001
            Hi Lotta, Stephen, & Others,

            If you install NoteTab Tiny using the custom install to a floppy
            disk without installing any of the extras, never mind - that's
            too much trouble! :) Drag/drop the NoteTab.exe, NoteTab.ini
            file, efomacro.dll (if you use Clips with keyboard shortcuts in
            them) to floppy while holding the Ctrl down to Copy. Run the exe
            right off the floppy. Now, from your hard drive installation,
            drag/drop the Libraries you want into the Libraries folder on the
            floppy. You will now have a minimally install on the floppy
            disk. You can now run NoteTab directly from the floppy disk
            without installing it on a hard drive and have some room to boot
            for documents, etc.

            The older laptops are very short on drive space. I have not
            looked at new ones, but there is probably plenty of room on them.
            It also helps for the "traveling tech" so that he does not have
            to install NoteTab onto a customers computer.