problem repeating prompt in same clip

  • gold76spirit@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2001
      Hi,

      I am new to clip writing, as may be evident in my question. I hope I
      can make this clear enough! :-)

      In the followuing example, I am trying to find a way to allow the
      user to enter the id value (i.e. "lat" or "eng") and also the
      langauge itself (i.e. "Latin" or "English"). Is there a way to
      equate the value ("lat") with the word ("Latin") so that the word is
      automatically entered in my form when that id is selected?

      <language id="lat">Latin</language>
      <language id="eng">English</language>

      If I use a drop down menu and only 1 value is selected (there can be
      more than 1 language used, but if none is specified, I need to show
      empty quotes), the default value is automatically entered in all the
      fields. Is there a way to avoid this?

      Thanks!!
      GL
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2001
        Hi GL,

        >In the followuing example, I am trying to find a way to allow the
        >user to enter the id value (i.e. "lat" or "eng") and also the
        >langauge itself (i.e. "Latin" or "English"). Is there a way to
        >equate the value ("lat") with the word ("Latin") so that the word is
        >automatically entered in my form when that id is selected?
        >
        ><language id="lat">Latin</language>
        ><language id="eng">English</language>
        >
        >If I use a drop down menu and only 1 value is selected (there can be
        >more than 1 language used, but if none is specified, I need to show
        >empty quotes), the default value is automatically entered in all the
        >fields. Is there a way to avoid this?

        Try using
        ^!Set %lang%=^?[Selection list]
        ^!IfSame "lat" "^%Lat%" Next else SomeLabel1
        <language id="lat">Latin</language>
        ^!Goto ALabel1

        :SomeLabel1
        ^!IfSame "eng" "^%Lat%" Next else SomeLabel2
        <language id="eng">English</language>
        ^!Goto End

        :SomeLabel2

        http://www.notetab.net

      • tenu@sci.fi
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2001
          Hi Jody and GL,

          I couldn't find the original message, so I reply to Jody's.

          --- In ntb-clips@y..., Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
          > Hi GL,
          >
          > >In the followuing example, I am trying to find a way to allow the
          > >user to enter the id value (i.e. "lat" or "eng") and also the
          > >langauge itself (i.e. "Latin" or "English"). Is there a way to
          > >equate the value ("lat") with the word ("Latin") so that the word
          is
          > >automatically entered in my form when that id is selected?
          > >
          > ><language id="lat">Latin</language>
          > ><language id="eng">English</language>
          > >

          > Try using
          > ^!Set %lang%=^?[Selection list]
          > ^!IfSame "lat" "^%Lat%" Next else SomeLabel1
          > <language id="lat">Latin</language>
          > ^!Goto ALabel1
          >
          > :SomeLabel1
          > ^!IfSame "eng" "^%Lat%" Next else SomeLabel2
          > <language id="eng">English</language>
          > ^!Goto End
          >
          > :SomeLabel2

          How about this:

          ^!Set %lang%=^?[Language==Latin^=lat;Latin|English^=eng;English]
          ^!SetArray %l%=^%lang%
          <language id="^%l1%">^%l2%</language>

          Jorma
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 9, 2001
            Hi Jorma,

            >> Try using
            >> ^!Set %lang%=^?[Selection list]
            >> ^!IfSame "lat" "^%Lat%" Next else SomeLabel1
            >> <language id="lat">Latin</language>
            >> ^!Goto ALabel1

            A much better solution Jorma, thanks!

            http://www.notetab.net

          • gold76spirit@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 15, 2001
              Hi Jorma,

              Thanks! I realize this is a late reply, but I appreciate your help.
              One question, though, this solution only appears to allow the user to
              select one language option. Is there a way to adapt this to allow
              multiple choices? Usually, at least 2 of the 6 languages listed will
              be selected.

              Thanks again,
              GL