Replacing characters in a variable

  • Mark Halsall
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2001
      Is there a simple way to replace characters within a variable? I
      guess this is either very easy or very difficult, but I can't think
      how to do it.

      For example, if
      %test% contains "The heavens declare"

      I want to change it so
      %test% contains "ThX hXavXns dXclarX"

      Regards,
      Mark
    • tenu@sci.fi
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2001
        --- In ntb-clips@y..., "Mark Halsall" <pm9000@u...> wrote:
        > Is there a simple way to replace characters within a variable? I
        > guess this is either very easy or very difficult, but I can't think
        > how to do it.

        ^$StrReplace("SubStr";"ReplaceStr";"Str";CaseSensitive;WholeWord)$

        Jorma